Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: A Girl Slapped My Shoulder - Ward's Punches Like That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    Here's a scenario for you. You and I are fighting in a 3 round fight ayt.

First round: Close round, but you landed 15 punches to my 10 punches, 10-9 to you.

Second round: Easy round for me. I landed 35 punches and you landed only 10. 10-9 to me.

Third round: Close round, I landed 12 punches to your 16 punches. 10-9 to you.

You win the fight by scores of 29 - 28 on all three scorecards.

NSB fanboys come through and compain that I should have won the fight because I landed 57 total punches compared to you who landed only 41.

Get the picture?
    You didn't see the rbr punchstats numbers for the first fight to even try to use this as an example I assume.

Ward vs Kovalev was stupid close with punch stats. 9 of 12 rounds were decided by 3 punches or less. And 10 of 12 rounds were decided by 3 power punches or less. Power punches landed generally in my experience being a punch stat to judges round scored nerd tend to tell the story of the fight better than any other actual numbers you can look at, BUT not when they are THAT close.

Personally I thought the fight was close enough with enough close swing rounds that either guy coulda won & anyone bellyaching about the decision has little merit & there biggest problem with anything should be with how boxing is currently scored not this specific fight.

Comment

I believe it!

Comment

kov is all over the place, he over trained then under trained which is it???????

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You didn't see the rbr punchstats numbers for the first fight to even try to use this as an example I assume.

Ward vs Kovalev was stupid close with punch stats. 9 of 12 rounds were decided by 3 punches or less. And 10 of 12 rounds were decided by 3 power punches or less. Power punches landed generally in my experience being a punch stat to judges round scored nerd tend to tell the story of the fight better than any other actual numbers you can look at, BUT not when they are THAT close.

Personally I thought the fight was close enough with enough close swing rounds that either guy coulda won & anyone bellyaching about the decision has little merit & there biggest problem with anything should be with how boxing is currently scored not this specific fight.

exactly !

you nailed it again, especially the bold

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I agree, the game plan seemed to be flawed, but if Kovalev is not listening to his corner, then no matter what the game plan is, he may face defeat again.
            Yep. Supposedly he has a better strength and conditioning coach now. We'll see.

Comment

Kovalev got KO'd by a "girl".

Comment

Working...
              X