No announcement yet.

Is Groves a P4P fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Froch ranked in the top 10 in all of boxing when he fought Groves. I'm not sure DJ even ranked in the top 50 of the sport.

If he truly was a unskilled brawler he wouldn't have thoroughly out boxed Abraham whom Murray got schooled by (Top 3 win on g's resume).
    I'm pretty sure you don't think Groves is a P4P fighter, but at least troll properly. If you think that Abraham - Murray was a schooling you never watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      Froch is not better than Jacobs p4p.

he's an unskilled slow brawler with an iron chin.
      This is what I was thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        his good fighter ,Groves from first Froch fight was P4P
        Honestly I think Carl might have underestimated him a little bit in the first one. He seemed very off, which was also why he looked so much better second time around.

Groves is a good fighter though, and I'm happy for him winning his first championship. He definitely deserves it, took the hard route.

Comment

Not taking the bait on the troll thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
            Lol @ u and all the other Ward fanboys hyping up Froch just because Ward beat him

Before he fought Ward you guys hated him, now you praise him because it makes Ward look good.
            Hype? He's got wins over Kessler, Abraham, Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell etc. this is a proven fighter, considered top 10 in the sport at his peak. Hype is barely beating Daniel Jacobs, arguably not even top 50, and being labeled top 10 P4P in the sport.

Comment

Hype? He's got wins over Kessler, Abraham, Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell etc. this is a proven fighter, considered top 10 in the sport at his peak. Hype is barely beating Daniel Jacobs, arguably not even top 50, and being labeled top 10 P4P in the sport.
              Most of those guys are overrated aside from Dirrell whom many thought Froch lost to.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                I'm pretty sure you don't think Groves is a P4P fighter, but at least troll properly. If you think that Abraham - Murray was a schooling you never watched it.
                He still beat him convincingly after a slow start, and Abraham wasn't exactly near his prime.

Comment

Froch ranked in the top 10 in all of boxing when he fought Groves. I'm not sure DJ even ranked in the top 50 of the sport.

If he truly was a unskilled brawler he wouldn't have thoroughly out boxed Abraham whom Murray got schooled by (Top 3 win on g's resume).

if you can't see Jacobs is more skilled than Froch then YDKSAB.

Comment

Cant tell if people are trolling, but the Jack and last Froch bout was the cutoff. But I am very pleased that Groves won that WBA Super tbh. I think his style if vastly improved, not too big on McGuigan - though youngies like Reynoso are consistent - Shane needs to improve on the defense or movement and a new conditioning coach. At his age and stage he needs to be looking tired around 9+ at the least. Cause I see Degale just moving and pointing like Zurdo to 12 easily. Let's see how it goes. Also does anybody know if the Regular WBA titles will be consistently phased out? Like Groves vs Zeuge to just market 1 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                      Most of those guys are overrated aside from Dirrell whom many thought Froch lost to.

Abraham and Taylor were champions at 160, Pascal later on became a champ at 175, Kessler was a champion at 168 etc.

Most of these guys were considered P4P fighters in the sport.
                      Jacobs got crushed in 5 by Pirog, but somehow he compares to these guys? Like I said, DJ isn't even top 50 in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X