No announcement yet.

Is Groves a P4P fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    I say he has proved to be in the top 20 p4p right now. He has improved a lot since his loses and showed he should be rated 1 at 165.
    Sure I mean if he is the only guy fighting at that imaginary weight class, then he gets ranked 1 by default

Comment

Not a f.ucking chance

Comment

Good standard troll thread, this. Got some knickers in a twist.

Groves is obviously a fringe world-level operator who loses every time he fights a genuine P4P conversation opponent. I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
          Good standard troll thread, this. Got some knickers in a twist.

Groves is obviously a fringe world-level operator who loses every time he fights a genuine P4P conversation opponent. I like him.
          Please, everyone calls me a troll and what I say always happens.

Wins over Murray & Lemieux literally got ggg on the P4P list

Wins over Degale, Chudinov, Eubank, Murray, get GSG laughed at when you call him a P4P fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            I like Groves but P4P? Lol wtf
            He isnt that kind of fighter. Good fighter but not elite.
            Well why not? ggg was on people's P4P list with Murray, Lemieux as his best wins. He barely sc****d past Ouma, and Jacobs, guys NOWHERE near P4P status but people pretend that doesn't mean anything.

Meanwhile Groves gets 0 credit for beating Eubank, Murray, Gutnecht, Chudinov etc. and gets laughed at for 2 highly competitive bouts with an actual P4P fighter in Froch and a close decision to current top 5 LHW Jack.

Comment

I know it's an anti ggg thread but I agree with the thread starter, he's got a pretty good cv now. Obviously people will deny it but eubank was getting some real hype after that yildirim win so it has to go down as a solid win as underdog. I don't think it's farcical to have him around the top 10-15 mark at All, when people were saying eubank was the top guy in the division and groves has just spanked him. People have jack aroijd that region and groves only lost a SD to him and beat the guy that jack couldn't (degale). All 3 of them are very similar levels and had close fights.

Comment

Depends on your agenda for me he's not p4p anything just a solid fighter with a fairly decent resume.
                Eubank, Chudinov, Murray aren't world class even in this garbage era

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Wins over Degale, Chudinov, Gutnecht, Murray, Smith etc. his only defeats were really competitive bouts with Jack and Froch.

I look at a guy like Golovkin's resume, and don't see anybody Groves couldn't beat. Jacobs isn't nearly as good as either Froch or Jack and he arguably won. I couldn't imagine 147lb Brook out boxing him either.
                  He's a bigger guy than most Middleweights. So are Froch and Jack and are or were at the top of their division. They should beat most Middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Depends on your agenda for me he's not p4p anything just a solid fighter with a fairly decent resume.
                    Eubank, Chudinov, Murray aren't world class even in this garbage era
                    The P4P list is up for grabs when guys like ggg are considered P4P fighters. This is merely 1 division north.

When it comes down to it it's Eubank, Degale, Chudinov vs Jacobs, Brook (147lber), and Lemieux. That's GSG's best wins vs ggg's best wins. Can you really say ggg's are better?

Even the man in your sig, he's considered for P4P status and his 2nd best win, Glowacki almost got put out by a guy with 6 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      The P4P list is up for grabs when guys like ggg are considered P4P fighters. This is merely 1 division north.

When it comes down to it it's Eubank, Degale, Chudinov vs Jacobs, Brook (147lber), and Lemieux. That's GSG's best wins vs ggg's best wins. Can you really say ggg's are better?

Even the man in your sig, he's considered for P4P status and his 2nd best win, Glowacki almost got put out by a guy with 6 fights.

I don't have GGG as a top P4P either I've always said he's a good albeit overhyped fighter with a paper thin resume.

And so did the man in your sig? Anyone can get caught with a good shot especially with the big boys.

Comment

Working...
                      X