No announcement yet.

Is Groves a P4P fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    if you can't see Jacobs is more skilled than Froch then YDKSAB.

So getting crushed in 5 by Pirog gets you P4P status? But beating Kessler, Abraham, Taylor, actual champions gets you nothing?

I think I'm starting to understand g fans.

Comment

We back to Hyping St. George again? He is FOOD/HUMAN BAIT for David Benavidez to be the next American to walk out of the UK as World Champion! just saying

All Depends on which belt David pursues but he is already rated #4 by the WBA and #5 by the WBC so all at 168 are merely BELT FILLERS keeping the Title Warm for better fighters like Benavidez and Callum Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        He still beat him convincingly after a slow start, and Abraham wasn't exactly near his prime.
        Convincingly? Hardly. It could have gone either way. But it's not really that relevant to the purpose of the thread anyway is it? I'll let you get back to your trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppo168 View Post
          George Groves is underrated
          I agree, I think he has fight changing power at 168 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Convincingly? Hardly. It could have gone either way. But it's not really that relevant to the purpose of the thread anyway is it? I'll let you get back to your trolling.

I saw the fight, I had AB winning by a couple points. He's easily a top 5 win a "P4P" fighter's resume, ggg, but when other guys beat him like Abraham, Groves, they get 0 credit. Why is that?

Groves has fought some great fighters, Jack & Froch are both champion quality opponents. He arguably beat Jack, and gave Froch all he could handle.

Put the "p4p" ggg vs Degale-Jack-Froch-Froch-Chudinov etc. what do you honestly think his record is? Remember, this is the same guy that barely got past the "gigantic" 5'11 Jacobs lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              We back to Hyping St. George again? He is FOOD/HUMAN BAIT for David Benavidez to be the next American to walk out of the UK as World Champion! just saying

All Depends on which belt David pursues but he is already rated #4 by the WBA and #5 by the WBC so all at 168 are merely BELT FILLERS keeping the Title Warm for better fighters like Benavidez and Callum Smith

They're both quality fighters. Groves has improved greatly since losing to Froch, much more composed.

Put ggg, a guy people consider "p4p" against Chudinov-Degale-Froch-Froch-Jack, what do you think his record is?

Comment

I saw the fight, I had AB winning by a couple points. He's easily a top 5 win a "P4P" fighter's resume, ggg, but when other guys beat him like Abraham, Groves, they get 0 credit. Why is that?

Groves has fought some great fighters, Jack & Froch are both champion quality opponents. He arguably beat Jack, and gave Froch all he could handle.

Put the "p4p" ggg vs Degale-Jack-Froch-Froch-Chudinov etc. what do you honestly think his record is? Remember, this is the same guy that barely got past the "gigantic" 5'11 Jacobs lmao.
                Man, discuss it with someone else. I don't give a fuck. I didn't come here to get in a discussion about Golovkin or discuss P4P which I think is a pile of bull**** anyway. I was merely giving my take on the way the Murray - Abraham fight went.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

I seriously don't see Benavidez lasting long at SMW. He could do well at 175.

Comment

If Groves beats Degale and then the Dirrell/Smith winner (hopefully Smith) then he will be P4P. He's looked great since his very close decision loss to Jack.

Comment

Froch ranked in the top 10 in all of boxing when he fought Groves. I'm not sure DJ even ranked in the top 50 of the sport.

If he truly was a unskilled brawler he wouldn't have thoroughly out boxed Abraham whom Murray got schooled by (Top 3 win on g's resume).
                      A schooling does not involve a disputed split decision loss in Germany

Comment

Working...
                      X