Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook made a huge mistake fighting GGG & it's going to be looked back as his downfall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
    I don't think he would've quit. I think he would've fought to a losing decision but his mind was telling him to quit because of the GGG eye damage.

Like I said in the OP, it's not an excuse because Errol would've gassed out Brook the same because he was working that body all fight and it paid off. Eye issues or not he would've gassed hard still so I agree to a point but I just feel Brook wouldn't have quit the way he did.
    I said the same thing, I don't think an undefeated Brook would have "quit" but because of the seeds of doubt and damage from the GGG fight had been sewn, he just didn't have that resolve anymore and I can't imagine him winning any tough fights anymore so unless he's fighting gimmes or Khan he's probably done at top level.

Comment

His career was managed in a very strange way.

He sat around being hyped based on speculation while fighting opponents ranging from so-so to horrible.

He went straight to a practically unwinnable fight with Golovkin and (somewhat predictably) was seriously injured.

Now after all of that he's taking the sort of fights he should have been for the past 3 yrs and also somewhat predictably, losing them.

Were they really banking that entire time on a "superfight with khan"? I found it hard to believe many people cared about that fight to begin with but banking your entire career on it with no plan B...

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        His career was managed in a very strange way.

He sat around being hyped based on speculation while fighting opponents ranging from so-so to horrible.

He went straight to a practically unwinnable fight with Golovkin and (somewhat predictably) was seriously injured.

Now after all of that he's taking the sort of fights he should have been for the past 3 yrs and also somewhat predictably, losing them.

Were they really banking that entire time on a "superfight with khan", some **** nobody outside of their respective neighborhoods seemed to care about anyway?
        A bad mix of being injured, ****ty promoter work and IBF mandatory ****.

If he didn't have these issues he would've fought and most likely beaten some decent competition in Alexander, Chaves and Vargas. Unified champion also who could've gone up in weight with no issues after a solid WW career.

Hearn had a chance at giving Brook a decent voluntary fight but instead matched him with Frankie Gavin FFS.

Comment

"Golovkin nearly blinds man".

What a ****ing duck.

Comment

When that was posted before the fight it got ignored

But of course on this forum people pick with 100% Pride and ZERO BRAINS! Then they make excuses after to Pick Up their Pride again lol

Comment

Yeah taking beat downs from GGG and Spence or just fighting Vargas as planned much easier fight and unification. Now this kid is probably ruined with 2 phuked up eyes LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                I would have agreed if it was the same eye. Also you could make the argument that it was his corner that stopped the fight against Golovkin and not him. This time it was his decision. Ask yourself, why was he so eager to continue fighting Golovkin but decided he had enough tonight?
                because it was the 11th round he was worn out and when they cut the tape on his gloves twice in the corner I knew he was done. . in the GGG fight it was much sooner

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                  For those who don't remember before GGG fight was announced it was going to be Brook/Vargas which would've been a good win for Brook and got him another title along with being a much safer fight.

Eddie Hearn ****ed Brook with him allowing Brook to take on GGG just because he didn't have a GGG PPV because Eubank Jr pulled out at the last minute. He should've just cancelled the GGG fight and went on with Vargas.

I'm not making excuses for the Spence loss because I think it's going to be trouble even in his next fight which could be a tune up. I can see Brook looking **** in his next fight because of his eye weaknesses and him wanting to quit when it gets too tough.

I think Brook could seriously be done at a world level thinking about it. I mean he could win a vacant belt or beat Callum Smith at 154 but he won't beat many of the top fighters who punch even harder than welters.

Eddie is usually a really good promoter but he's going to look back and think he ****ed up letting Brook fight GGG.
                  It was a bad idea. Just like Khan-Canelo was a bad idea.
                  They're setting themselves to lose in a hurry to prove something, make noise or make money, and its not like the guys they're fighting are past primes either.
                  Like pac-dlh(even then pac was still the underdog) cotto-martinez or even canelo-chavez jr.
                  Now he's peak/prime condition was ruined before the welter even got more interesting. Sad

Comment

Hearn absolutely banked on khan. Without doubt. First name out his mouth after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                      because it was the 11th round he was worn out and when they cut the tape on his gloves twice in the corner I knew he was done. . in the GGG fight it was much sooner
                      So he wanted to continue fighting Golovkin because it was early but didn't want to go an extra round and a half?

That's even worst.

Comment

Working...
                      X