Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner-Mikey Garcia in Works for 7/29 at Barclays Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has Broner done to get a Garcia fight? Oh well, it will be fun seeimg Broner lose again

Comment

Is broner nothing more than a stepping stone now??
      Hope he at least comes in shape to make a decent fight..

Comment

Say what you want broner doesn't duck anyone

Comment

This fight is ON my birthday IN my city. Oh freaking yeah!

Comment

The only way Mikey is going to make big money is by moving up and Broner has been regressing for years. He really doesn't have a quality win since he beat an old Paulie and Paulie wasn't that good even in his prime. Mikey P4P is just too skilled for Broner. I think he can handle the weight moving up but the one wildcard is Broner making weight. He has failed too many times on the scale giving up belts over missing weight. But regardless what weight Broner comes in at I see Mikey beating him.

Comment

WHOA! I didn't see this one coming! This would be a great fight, if I believed that Broner could make 140. However, I doubt it! I guess this is the best Mikey can get, if Bob Arum won't make a fight with Crawford or Lomachenko, and ODLH won't make a fight with Linares. I would much rather see Loma, Crawford, or Linares, but i'll settle for Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                Fugg dat... THIS needs to be in Cali or Vegas
                Yeah no clue why this fight is in NY. Mikey's got a huge mexican fanbase have this out in Westcoast Cali or Vegas. And Broner fans are in the midwest. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I don't like this fight. I think Broner is too big, but i'll be rooting for Mikey. I hope size is not a big factor for Mikey's skills. He's clearly better P4P, but it will be interesting to see Broner's power and size vs a LW. Broner absolutely obliterated guys from 130-135 when he was there. Maybe Mikey surprises me and comes in weighing the same as Broner and the size factor gets eliminated.

I hope people don't mistake Broner's performances against the bigger Maidana and rangier/taller Granados as the reason why they think Mikey got this easily.

Linares dodged a huge bullet with this though. Wow, he was saved. Mikey vs Linares would've put an end to the false reign of Linares. Now only Easter is left at LW as someone who destroy Linares.
                  To be honest, I get what you're coming from here. Broner throws fast, hard counter punches and I have to give him a puncher's chance.

He has never beat someone of Garcia's quality though, and has struggled with far lesser at times.

Comment

If Broner wins this fight, he will revitalize his career, if he losses its game over and Mikey will become a star. Im surprised Broner has the balls to even fight this fight. Pretty sure its a cash out fight, Garcia will do a job on Broner, worse than Maidana did that fateful day

Comment

I hope Mikey knocks Broner's block off.

Comment

Working...
                      X