Collapse
No announcement yet.

The more I think about Mayweather vs Mcgregor, the more compelling I find it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I think about Mayweather vs Mcgregor, the more compelling I find it

Now a lot of people have outright dismissed this fight as a "mismatch", and that very well could be the case. What people are not considering are the intangibles. Let me elaborate:
    • Floyd is currently 40 years old. He's also been out of the ring for almost 2 years, WITHOUT sparring. It is unprecedented for a guy to just waltz into a fight after 2 years out of the ring at the ripe old age of 40 and walk all over a professional combat athlete
    • McGregor will be bigger than Floyd not just in weight, but also in height and reach. Floyd hasn't faced a fighter who has surpassed him in both height and reach in 10 YEARS and that was when he fought fishnets (who to his credit put up a "competitive" fight)
    • McGregor can crack. I don't care what you say about his skills. In the fight game all it takes is ONE PUNCH.... ANYONE even the most gifted technicians of all time can get knocked out by something they don't see.
    • How will TBE accustom himself to the novel atmosphere and build up that is a UFC fight. He has no experience with the UFC "crowd" so to speak and he is therefore entering hostile territory
    • Everything to gain and nothing to lose The pressure is on because if Floyd does not give a flawless performance, if he makes ONE MISTAKE, he risks being on the receiving end of non stop ridicule from the haters, losing this fight could very badly tarnish his legacy.
    Last edited by The Tribe; 05-22-2017, 05:11 AM.

Yeah, you're the problem with boxing today. Please GTFOH

Comment

mcgregor will ko floyd. this is his toughest test since baldomir!

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
        Yeah, you're the problem with boxing today. Please GTFOH
        Funny how "fans" oppose an event that would generate hundreds of millions, and potentially bring millions of UFC fans over to boxing

Comment

man I wish I could keep red k-ing you

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
            Funny how "fans" oppose an event that would generate hundreds of millions, and potentially bring millions of UFC fans over to boxing
            Hundreds of millions for who? You and me? Or Conor-Floyd? Why do you give a **** how much it makes?

I think i'll pass on UFC fans joining this fanbase. We have enough morons already, no need to add more. Especially guys that worship fighters like Liddell and other overrated ******s

Comment

Honestly, you must be easily fooled or brainwashed. You're a marketing guys dream.

The fight itself is an absolute joke. I totally understand them for making it, it's business and they stand to make a lot of money, so they would be a fool not to do it. I'm sure pretty much all of us will tune in for the novelty factor but it has absolutely nothing to do with boxing.

If Floyd gets to 50-0 on this, that 50 needs to have the biggest asterisk that ever existed next to it.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-22-2017, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                man I wish I could keep red k-ing you
                The irony of a KHAN fan complaining about a perceived "cash-grab" when Khan is the biggest money grabber in the game.

Heck Khan would probably get KO'd by Conor at this stage, his chin was shattered to smithereens by Canelo

Don't act like Khan wouldn't take on McGregor if the opportunity presented itself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
                  The irony of a KHAN fan complaining about a perceived "cash-grab" when Khan is the biggest money grabber in the game.

Heck Khan would probably get KO'd by Conor at this stage, his chin was shattered to smithereens by Canelo

Don't act like Khan wouldn't take on McGregor if the opportunity presented itself.
                  Do us all a favor, go back to ****ing bed and think about what youre saying here. Youre trying to justify Conor-Floyd. **** Khan too, he should retire and even he beats Conor. Stop this nonsense, you sound like a dick

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                    Hundreds of millions for who? You and me? Or Conor-Floyd? Why do you give a **** how much it makes?

I think i'll pass on UFC fans joining this fanbase. We have enough morons already, no need to add more. Especially guys that worship fighters like Liddell and other overrated ******s
                    Well... Would YOU reject a fight with Conor if you were in Floyd's shoes?

Millions of fans will tune in, so we're not as discontented with this fight as YOU want to think we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X