No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Rush To Make Davis-Lomachenko Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
    He pretty much is a young pup in the grand scheme of things. He's got many years left on him before he even reaches prime age. No need to rush this, Floyd is just being honest with knowing his fighter isn't ready for that caliber of opponent yet.
    So wtf did he challenged for a title? To take it hostage.
    IMO, you win a belt, you fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      It's amazing how people are struggling to grasp this. It's not like he's calling out everyone in the division and then avoiding Loma. Him and his team know they're not ready. End of story.
      What you are saying is true but I think that people take issue with a guy holding onto a championship belt but not being ready for the top guys in the division. Of course, Loma is the only person that Floyd specified during his discourse, so maybe Davis will fight the other beltholders and unify by 2018 or something like that. Peace.

Comment

Protecting his fighter and the 0. Can Mayeather disappear from boxing. He killed it enough with his boring style and dud fights.

Comment

Lol, Floyd basically acknowledging they're gonna wait for Loma to get old. Lame.

Comment

Champions need to fight TOP contenders. That's the whole point of Championships, too see who is the best in the World. They are Called Champions of the World for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
              So wtf did he challenged for a title? To take it hostage.
              IMO, you win a belt, you fight the best.
              He's not taking anything hostage, he's defending it lol. Ya'll want to throw him to the wolves right away, I suspect because you know Loma would win right now (although I think Loma wins no matter when they fight but that's a different story) and Floyd's fighter losing is your way of spiting him.

Besides, they are separate title holders. There's no incentive to automatically rush a unification bout. If I were Floyd, I'd wait until at least early/mid 2019 before seriously thinking about booking this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                What you are saying is true but I think that people take issue with a guy holding onto a championship belt but not being ready for the top guys in the division. Of course, Loma is the only person that Floyd specified during his discourse, so maybe Davis will fight the other beltholders and unify by 2018 or something like that. Peace.
                Yeah, don't get me wrong, I want to see that fight as well but I want to see it when it when it will be more competitive. Everyone that's clamoring for it likely wants to see Tank lose more than anything else. If I have him as a fighter, it's in my best interest to build him, develop him while protecting him to a degree. It would be a great mismanagement if they threw him in there with Loma, belt or not.

I think Loma and Garcia are more on a level playing field at this point although 5lbs separate them. They are much closer to finished products than Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded
                  So because Davis and his team personally don't think he is ready, the entire division has to accommodate his desire to make money? The sport should have to slow down so that things can go at whatever pace Davis wants? Disgusting attitude. This is a sport, not a piggy bank for Davis.
                  Amen. This we need experience first so we must avoid the best fighters excuse should be done away with once a fighter wins a world title. If you want experience instead then don't fight for a title.

I like the kid, but from what I read Mayweather is not a good role model for him, he is already imitating Mayweather and living the way Mayweather lives. Throwing away money, living large, etc. He better be careful the last person who admired Floyd and did things the way Floyd did was Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                    Yeah, don't get me wrong, I want to see that fight as well but I want to see it when it when it will be more competitive. Everyone that's clamoring for it likely wants to see Tank lose more than anything else. If I have him as a fighter, it's in my best interest to build him, develop him while protecting him to a degree. It would be a great mismanagement if they threw him in there with Loma, belt or not.

I think Loma and Garcia are more on a level playing field at this point although 5lbs separate them. They are much closer to finished products than Tank.
                    Loma vs Garcia is probably the best fight in boxing aside from GGG vs Canelo. My only concern with Loma at 135, is the lack of power. He isn't a devastating hitter even at 126 or 130 so he will have to once again be masterful with the foot movement, angles and accuracy if he plans to rumble with Garcia. We know that Mikey has the power. That fight is a purist's dream.

Comment

Roman martinez or juan ma would be good names to add to the resume as well.... Even jason sosa is a god fight

Comment

Working...
                      X