Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Suggests Crawford's Next Fight Won't Be Televised by HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Also keep in mind Beltran just became mandatory for Easter Jr. is he retains against Shafikov. SO Broner will have to deal with Top Rank anyway.

Indongo is a good fight don't get me wrong but who cares about him in the US? Broner is going to do way more for Crawford on a Q-level rating, where as beating Indongo arguably he could beat any scrubby guy and get roughly the same level of boost.

Plus I can't see how Crawford would actually lose to Broner. The only problem is if I am Haymon I want some other things for allowing Crawford the opportunity to beat up Broner. However, if Arum needs some TV dates I am sure Haymon can work something out.
    You mean Arum would have to deal with About Billions Promotions, right?

Easter Jr is headlining his second show from the 8k-seat Huntington Center in his hometown of Toledo, OH, in the main event of a PBC on BounceTV card (after turning out most of the live crowd for his fight under Jacobs-Mora II at Santender Arena in PA).

What leverage could Top Rank possibly have with Ray Beltran? (it's not a fight that Easter Jr shouldn't win, Beltran doesn't draw on his own, the IBF rules are pretty clear, time is against Beltran, etc).

If the doubleheader is Crawford-Broner and EasterJr-Beltran, Haymon and About Billions Promotions has the bigger star in both matchups, and will dictate the fight accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
      He said something about not wanting his car shot up when they brought up Broner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ck5LIKvYQ4
      Broners car got shot at a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        You think two non UK fighters will sell there? Maybe put it on an undercard of a UK fight but I don't see that happening. I just can't recall the last time two non UK fighters went over there to fight in a main event.
        I think UK dudes just like boxing like US people used to just like boxing. I think right now the UK is a place anyone could potentially go, just like in the US, & get paid. I mean a decade ago a guy like Tank isn't going to the UK to defend his belt this early in his career. A guy like Spence wouldn't be going to the UK to fight for his first belt vs a threat like Brook. UK is for serious these days.

Comment

Interesting.....

Comment

How about Crawford-McGregor?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Also keep in mind Beltran just became mandatory for Easter Jr. is he retains against Shafikov. SO Broner will have to deal with Top Rank anyway.

Indongo is a good fight don't get me wrong but who cares about him in the US? Broner is going to do way more for Crawford on a Q-level rating, where as beating Indongo arguably he could beat any scrubby guy and get roughly the same level of boost.

Plus I can't see how Crawford would actually lose to Broner. The only problem is if I am Haymon I want some other things for allowing Crawford the opportunity to beat up Broner. However, if Arum needs some TV dates I am sure Haymon can work something out.
              Interesting theory & no argument from me that Broner is the more sellable opponent.

I guess I just think getting Broner to agree to a fight where its probably gonna be a L for him is like trying to walk a cat down the street on a dog leash is my major issue with that happening at any point not even specifically the summer.

Or do you wanna invest in a promotion that might get canceled cuz Broner assaulted someone at a zoo or something nutty like that & gets locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I think UK dudes just like boxing like US people used to just like boxing. I think right now the UK is a place anyone could potentially go, just like in the US, & get paid. I mean a decade ago a guy like Tank isn't going to the UK to defend his belt this early in his career. A guy like Spence wouldn't be going to the UK to fight for his first belt vs a threat like Brook. UK is for serious these days.
                Yea I know it's a hotbed for boxing right now but those guys are going over there to fight guys from there. I'm not sure about two non UK guys going over there to fight in a main event. The ones on here are pretty adamant that non UK fighters have to fight a UK fighter in order to sell tickets.

Comment

HBO not giving out much Dates for their Network these days anyway. Arum could use another Network to showcase fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    You mean Arum would have to deal with About Billions Promotions, right?

Easter Jr is headlining his second show from the 8k-seat Huntington Center in his hometown of Toledo, OH, in the main event of a PBC on BounceTV card (after turning out most of the live crowd for his fight under Jacobs-Mora II at Santender Arena in PA).

What leverage could Top Rank possibly have with Ray Beltran? (it's not a fight that Easter Jr shouldn't win, Beltran doesn't draw on his own, the IBF rules are pretty clear, time is against Beltran, etc).

If the doubleheader is Crawford-Broner and EasterJr-Beltran, Haymon and About Billions Promotions has the bigger star in both matchups, and will dictate the fight accordingly.
                    Well if the IBF goes to purse bid Arum has deeper pockets than Broner, so it is beneficial to work out a deal there.

I just think if Arum is on the outs at HBO he needs to be a bit more creative and Haymon needs to put on some really big shows he has done well this year but he needs to keep it going. So over the short to medium term they can work out a beneficial relationship and a card like this would be a good first step.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      All three options hinge on Bob Arum being accepting of playing the secondary promoter, which I don't recall him accepting for any fight but the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight (and, even then, he was a petulant partner to deal with, even with the fight letting $100m+ run through his company).
                      Idk why Arum couldn't be a "sham promoter" for PBC as ironic as that would be lol.

Maybe the 2nd option can work; Matchroom Sport/Sky Sports puts on the entire event their way, Top Rank gets the feed of the fight for the US (and every other market that Hearn and Indongo's camps don't want), Top Rank throws on their own announce team, and runs with it like that for the TopRank stream.
                      Didn't Crawford get sent to the UK to fight Burns under Hearn's promotion?

Although thinking about it more I suppose Hearn could send this fight to the US, still get his cut from Indongo + it could get picked up by Showtime or f#ck it lets go full crazy town...Fight is on FOX with Arum as a "sham" PBC promoter.

I'm kinda rooting on the middle option more just cuz I'm curious what this new fangled viewing option Steve Kim keeps talking about Arum rolling out soon is.

Comment

Working...
                      X