Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Uzcategui To Appeal, File Assault Charges on Dirrell's Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken****

Very cowardly act! Hope he does a month in jail or pays a very large fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... After the AA fight, he said he had a "brain injury"!!!... I don't think he ever recovered...
      You probably right kind of like when Roy was at heavyweight then moved down and got K.O.'d by tarver then 4 months later he gets K.O.'d by glen Johnson...whenever a boxer gets blasted with a brutal K.O. he should stay out the ring a minimum of 6 months to a yr.

Comment

Originally posted by bikeboatski View Post
        Very cowardly act! Hope he does a month in jail or pays a very large fine.
        Could be both and I'm sure he won't be allowed boxing for a yr.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          You probably right kind of like when Roy was at heavyweight then moved down and got K.O.'d by tarver then 4 months later he gets K.O.'d by glen Johnson...whenever a boxer gets blasted with a brutal K.O. he should stay out the ring a minimum of 6 months to a yr.
          ... But gimme' a break!... Don't mix Roy with Andre Dirrell!... (it's just too much! )

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            dirrell is going down in history as a GOAT DQ artist

Nobody is "unable to continue" on his level. He sees that opening and boom his head slumps back to the canvas and he poops his pants. A true pro.
            Idk man. I think Luis Santana is the GOAT DQ artist. He had those back to back performances vs Terry Norris when Norris was a legit P4P guy. Dirrell is up there doe.

Comment

... But gimme' a break!... Don't mix Roy with Andre Dirrell!... (it's just too much! )
              I'm talking about the K.O.'s not what they accomplished.

Comment

Should be ruled as a NC anyway, he landed 1 punch after the bell, literally as the bell rang, he was ahead on points & it was an accident. The ref in no way should've gone over and told Direll he was gonna DQ his opponent.

Bad refereeing, the uncle deserves jail time & a boxing ban.

Comment

... sure: he did nothing wrong in the AA fight... he did nothing wrong last night... when he asked his corner "what now, what now?"...

... This, here:

The second punch landed on the bell (but was thrown before the bell) and the left hook was thrown perhaps a 1/4 second after the bell and landed 1/2 a second after the bell.

It's very difficult to process the bell and stop throwing the left hook . Adrenaline is up to enormous levels and as others have pointed out it was in a combo meaning it's different to throwing a first punch on the bell or after.

I'd say a NC would be fairer but in any rematch I'd have this guy on a suspension - 1st infraction he automatically loses a point rather than get a warning. That's what I'd do - but I know the rules are different. Sometimes the law (and rules) are an ass.
                  Last edited by SteveM; 05-21-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

People need to stop condoning these late hits. He was in the process of throwing a 3-punch combination is not an excuse. You stop throwing punches when the bell rings. If you are not disciplined enough to do and you violate on multiple occasions and seriously hurt your opponent - you deserve to be DQ'd. Oh, and the fight was razor close.

Comment

The uncle will get what he deserves. A suspension and a criminal conviction. Not so sure about the jail time as typically prior records influence sentencing.

As for Dirrell, a lot of folks are critical of his behavior but what none of us are in his position. A win guarantees a shot at the title and a pretty good payday. Pride or payday for you and your family. Which are you choosing.

There is a reason that there are warnings that a round is about to end. The referee gave them a five second warning. Sure the combo started before the bell, but it is the fighters responsibility to not throw a punch after the bell and avoid what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X