Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yall need to stop with "He was mid-combination doe", a cheap shot is a cheap shot...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... so: you place it in the IBF's backyard?... ... they could rule it a "NC", at best... or go back to the scorecards?
    it was clearly unintentional since he landed right when the bell was still ringing. not even sure thats a foul to be honest but lets just say it was. not intentional. that means if hes unable to continue NC...but we know he was able to continue as we have the video evidene of him pretending to be more hurt than he actually was. at worst a NC but with the evidence a loss for abandonment of the fight.

Comment

Jose was in the middle of a combo. The second punch got him and the 3rd one which was on its way when the bell was rung couldn't reasonably be stopped before striking but yeah that's the punch that for sure took Dirrell out.

I don't believe it was an intentional foul nor was it blantantly after the bell.

It shoulda been a no contest if reasonable minds would have prevailed.

I think the ref was the number one problem in this whole thing. The commission should have put a ref in who spoke Spanish if this many verbal commands were going to be shouted out. I mean ffs this guy yelled out 10 second and 5 second warnings and only half the combatents knew wtf was being said. Or if he don't speak Spanish he shouldn't be so far away from the action to not jump in between the fighters at the bell.

Comment

The ref was the one who stopped the fight. I heard him ask Direll if he wanted to continue but he already told him he was going disqualify Uzcategui. I think he was asking the ref what happened but I don't recall him saying he didn't want to continue. I understand people are trying to blame Direll but the punch was questionable. I don't believe Uzcategui was unable to stop punching, we've seen plenty of other fighters stop mid punch when they hear the bell. It might not have been deliberate but he had no regards for the consequences of not hold back the punch. Not to mention this was the second offense. You can't just throw out the fact because you don't like the situation or the fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post

Dirrell is no coward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
            You STOP punching after the bell rings.

That is universally known in the sport of boxing, but apparently some "fans" don't understand this rule. It's very simple, the bell means STOP PUNCHING.

But this dude whose name I can't even pronounce kept punching after the bell even after he was warned to stop earlier. I see everyone trying to put blame on Dirrell for "quitting" but it was simply in his best interest to stay down as he was legitimately fouled, repeatedly.

Dirrell is no coward. He did what he had to do to secure the win against a dirty cheat who can't fight within the rules. It comes as no surprise to me that Dirrell's uncle was shaken up with rage after having seen what was done to his blood. That's just not cool.
            Antother pro black african ****** poster who should be banned.

I will report you but somehow you will get a pass.

Comment

dirrell lost whatever respect he had regained after the abraham dq

I saw that cornerman cheapshot before I watched the actual fight and thought damn, that must have been a nasty late punch to piss these guys off so much.

What a joke. It was the end of a combination right on the bell. Nothing remotely out of the ordinary.

Dirrell pulled another abraham. Plain and simple. Look for him to lay low with dr shaw-hi and "neurological issues" for a while.
              Last edited by ////; 05-21-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                You haven't answered the question.

Why do you believe Dirrell was unable to continue? As that was the reason for the stoppage, not simply the punch after the bell (which happens in numerous fights and does not equate an automatic disqualification).

Did you miss the part when he has a full blown converstaion with his corner and then falls back down?
                The Tribe

stop ducking simple questions

Comment

Protect yourself at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Protect yourself at all times.
                    Especially when your opponent is mid combo lol

Comment

Andre Dirrell is a disgrace. Tons of fighters get hit after the bell. He got KO'd then quit. Plain and simple.

Then his uncle with his thug mentality decides to attack the other guy.

He pulled another Abraham.

Comment

Working...
                      X