Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yall need to stop with "He was mid-combination doe", a cheap shot is a cheap shot...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    dirrell lost whatever respect he had regained after the abraham dq

I saw that cornerman cheapshot before I watched the actual fight and thought damn, that must have been a nasty late punch to piss these guys off so much.

What a joke. It was the end of a combination right on the bell. Nothing remotely out of the ordinary.

Dirrell pulled another abraham. Plain and simple. Look for him to lay low with dr shaw-hi and "neurological issues" for a while.
    what did he ever do to regain respect? lose to degale? that guy isnt even very good. he lost to jack and maybe even medina.

Comment

Funny thing about this thread is all the guys that were up in arms when Floyd hit Ortiz legally are ok with Ucatzegi hitting Dirrell after the bell.

Whats up with that Fellas? I thought cheap shots were wrong?

The ref even warned Ucatzegi not to throw after the bell because he did it before. While I understand why the ref DQ'd him for hitting after the bell a 2nd time, I think the ref could have ruled it a no contest.

The right thing to do is have an immediate rematch IMO.

Comment

... Floyd hit Ortiz legally.............................

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          the bell was still ringing after the final punch. clean ko/quit job. even if it was deemed an unintentional foul then its either a NC or he should be given time to recover. since we have the video evidence of dirrell and his corner conspiring to get a dq win we know he could have continued but refused. should be changed to a ko win for uzcategui
          Exactly. Also, this is a clear example of "protect yourself at all times". You don't stop defending until the ref actually steps in to stop the action.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            what did he ever do to regain respect? lose to degale? that guy isnt even very good. he lost to jack and maybe even medina.
            Laying low until the Dr Shaw Hi memes were gone and people forgot what happened was his best bet and that's what he did. He had a very close fight with Carl Froch. If he could rebuild some momentum...

Then he did the same exact **** again.

It's back to wearing this in public for andre
            Last edited by ////; 05-22-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

agreed @tribe

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                Exactly. Also, this is a clear example of "protect yourself at all times". You don't stop defending until the ref actually steps in to stop the action.
                This is a very fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Funny thing about this thread is all the guys that were up in arms when Floyd hit Ortiz legally are ok with Ucatzegi hitting Dirrell after the bell.

Whats up with that Fellas? I thought cheap shots were wrong?

The ref even warned Ucatzegi not to throw after the bell because he did it before. While I understand why the ref DQ'd him for hitting after the bell a 2nd time, I think the ref could have ruled it a no contest.

The right thing to do is have an immediate rematch IMO.
                  The same fans that are saying that Dirrell quit would be bashing Dirrell if he was the 1 throwing the late punches. At the same time the same fans that are bashing Uzecutgui Im sure had no problem with Broner rolling around on the ground and hitting Maidana with a late punch?

Cut and dry, its a race thing...

Comment

IMO the stoppage is questionable but I won't argue it, Dirrell is a flopper who pulled a Dirrell and looked for a way out, and his uncle is going to jail for being an epic, classless *****, and will be banned from boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                      agreed @tribe
                      Preach........

Comment

Working...
                      X