Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Blasts Out Porky Medina in Eight Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive performance, hoping him vs Dirrell/Smith winner is part of the 168 tournament as could see him being a big star if he carries on like this.

Comment

im officially on board the benavidez bandwagon.

when he hit porky with about 20 uppercuts in 2 seconds i was laughing so hard, actually even benevidez started laughing
      https://youtu.be/eLQydFSMGCU?t=8s

Comment

Who wants it? I hope Anthony Dirrell is not in prison today! Dirrell vs. Smith should be good, and Benavidez vs. the winner should be special! SALUTE to Porky!

Comment

Smith/Dirrell are in for a fight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Porky is tough as hell.

The only slight criticism I would make of Benavidez is that he needs to concentrate on the body attack a bit more. Too much head hunting tonight, with his power he can be absolutely deadly if he commits to going downstairs.
            I don't necessarily agree with this. Benavidez put Medina down with a painful solar plexus punch. I think he is really the goods but must work on his defence; took too many clean shots from Medina which might not be good vs a better opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              I don't necessarily agree with this. Benavidez put Medina down with a painful solar plexus punch. I think he is really the goods but must work on his defence; took too many clean shots from Medina which might not be good vs a better opponent.
              He did put him down with a solar plexus punch, and the final combination also featured some sizzling body shots.

Once he remembered to go to the body things got easier for him.

And that's my argument, I'd like to see him stay more focused on ripping the body and not let himself get distracted from that or fall too much into headhunter mode.

Comment

Benavidez will be world cahmp soon. Guaranteed. Exciting fighter with power, just like his brother.

Comment

David is looking like something special. What a ****ing fight. Both men showed tons of heart and grit. A highly explosive and entertaining one sided main event.

Comment

David "La Bandera Roja" is a savage beast! Props to "Porky Medina , he's a warrior!

I agree with everyone on here:

David "La Bandera Roja" Benavidez KO of "Porky" Medina was a KO of the Year Candidate , absolutely sensational combination that put Medina out, wow.

Benavidez was looking like a young Muhammad Ali out their , a big strong , tough, powerfull fighter with good technique & with the handspeed of a welterweight, damn that KO was a thing of beauty.

To think David Benavidez is only 20 years old , man that kid is impressive, he has arrived for sure, title fight coming soon for the prospect of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      im officially on board the benavidez bandwagon.

when he hit porky with about 20 uppercuts in 2 seconds i was laughing so hard, actually even benevidez started laughing
                      https://youtu.be/eLQydFSMGCU?t=8s
                      ... embedded it for you!

... the Benavidez kid is "Mexican Style" at its finest!!!

(They should make David vs Zurdo, at some point...)

Comment

Working...
                      X