No announcement yet.

Errol Spence has not fought a puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    It's such a tough one to call because even though I see Spence hurting him, I think Brook will be able to evade/clinch enough to prevent a finish. But, as you said, I think a decision will favor Brook because the crowd is going to be insane in his favor.

If Spence can hurt his body and beat him out in the stamina game, maybe he can put him away late. I have a hard time imagining Brook finishing Spence though. Brook doesn't have 1-punch power and Spence isn't going to let him tee-off.
    it's up to spence, brook will make it ugly i have no doubts (his fight with porter was awful but it worked for him, spence is a much bigger threat imo). if it goes to the cards he losses (of course that if he get a couple of KDs he might get it)

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
      Agree with this. The biggest "puncher" Errol ever fought was some guy called Ronald with 60% KO ratio. Mostly knocked out debut fighters along with negative record fighters.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/477649
      yeah, im not gonna complain about spence taking the fight but its going to look pretty damn stupid in hindsight. he should have at least tested himself out against someone with a bit of pop. hes got all these idiots hyping him and hes gassed on the hype.i genuinely think he and his team think he can just fight brook like he did the rest of them. its not always a good idea to feel invincible as a boxer, think he might have a real shock in store when he throws a shot early on and gets countered with a solid right. might not be any plan b. hes gone from 41 year old bundu to kell brook.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        yeah, im not gonna complain about spence taking the fight but its going to look pretty damn stupid in hindsight. he should have at least tested himself out against someone with a bit of pop. hes got all these idiots hyping him and hes gassed on the hype.i genuinely think he and his team think he can just fight brook like he did the rest of them. its not always a good idea to feel invincible as a boxer, think he might have a real shock in store when he throws a shot early on and gets countered with a solid right. might not be any plan b. hes gone from 41 year old bundu to kell brook.
        I think he's going to come to this fight way too arrogant. Like you said the people hyping him, his team, and that he's almost a 2/1 betting fav.

You'd think he just beat Garcia, Thurman or even Porter to be that arrogant and that big of a fav. Not f'n Bundu.

Comment

I think Errol is good and all but he's been protected on his way to a title shot. Fighting people with very low punching power so he can walk through most fighters shots with his own power.

The fighters with high KO percentages that Errol has fought were those who with padded records that KO'd negative record fighters for years.

I'm not sure about Spence's chin, he's been rocked multiple times by low punching power fighters and as we all know, Brook can punch. Brook has also taken flush GGG shots without going down and is one of the only fighters to not go down against GGG.

I think Errol will get exposed in this fight. Bute/Froch style.
          Who has he been hurt by other than Lartey?

Hurting somebody isn't only down to power, Senchenko wobbled Kell worse than Golovkin did, because he landed a perfect shot, with the perfect timing and accuracy. Kell was a lot more focused and cautious against Golovkin than against Senchenko, so you anticipate shots better etc.

The same goes for Spence, people are saying he isn't the sharpest defensively, but we've yet to see him fight somebody as a pro, who's gonna earn his respect and make him fight more defensively aware, show us all the tools in his locker.

Comment

we shall see in 1 week
            Last edited by Larry the boss; 05-20-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Spence is NOT overlooking Kell Brook. He has said, there will be a few things he will show in this fight, that he hasn't had to, in previous fights.

He's confident, not ****y, and despite the regular NSB rhetoric, everyone knows brook is a damn good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                Who has he been hurt by other than Lartey?

Hurting somebody isn't only down to power, Senchenko wobbled Kell worse than Golovkin did, because he landed a perfect shot, with the perfect timing and accuracy. Kell was a lot more focused and cautious against Golovkin than against Senchenko, so you anticipate shots better etc.

The same goes for Spence, people are saying he isn't the sharpest defensively, but we've yet to see him fight somebody as a pro, who's gonna earn his respect and make him fight more defensively aware, show us all the tools in his locker.
                I agree with you about accuracy and timing playing an important role in hurting someone, and it's not all about power.

I disagree about the Golovkin thing through. He hurt brook a few times in that fight, and scored what should've been ruled a KD in the second round.

Let's give Brook credit for being more brave than smart in taking the fight, and he landed some nice shots of his own, but he was also getting his ass beat over the course of those 5 rounds.

Comment

I think he's going to come to this fight way too arrogant. Like you said the people hyping him, his team, and that he's almost a 2/1 betting fav.
                  I think you might be reading it wrong.
                  One thing I've noticed about Spence is not that he's arrogant, but that's he's HUNGRY. He's got all the marks of someone who is not going to be denied. People with this mindset are usually major achievers in life. I've been very skeptical about the guy but I will admit that I noticed his determination early on.

That's a BIG problem for Brook, who now knows how to lose, who suffered a horrible injury in his very last fight, and whose confidence is undoubtedly shaken.

I would pick Brook based on skillset alone but the mindset is what's making me favor Spence. Don't misread confidence for arrogance.

Comment

If Spence gets wobbled, I see Brook capitalizing on it and try to execute the finishing touches. That's probably what both fighters are looking for anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      You'd think Brook has multiple future hall of famers in his winning record whereas he has literally zero.

Apart from Porter, Brook's greatest win is who? Carson Jones?

Lol, you guys make me laugh.

The reason Spence doesn't have a Garcia or Thurman in his record is because they both literally ducked him. They absolutely refused to fight him, which is why he ended up going the IBF route.

Also remember that Panaromanov and Petersen also ducked him. Spence was supposed to fight either of them for the eliminator and both said they'll pass. They weren't the only ones either. Bundu was ranked eight, so basically meaning six guys all ducked Spence in order for Bundu to get the Spence eliminator.

Think about that and remember how much Brook himself tried to wiggle his way out of this fight before he ran out of options.

Comment

Working...
                      X