No announcement yet.

Errol Spence has not fought a puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Brook is a good puncher.

Which top welterweight has scored a KO over another top welter recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
      I think Errol is good and all but he's been protected on his way to a title shot. Fighting people with very low punching power so he can walk through most fighters shots with his own power.

The fighters with high KO percentages that Errol has fought were those who with padded records that KO'd negative record fighters for years.

I'm not sure about Spence's chin, he's been rocked multiple times by low punching power fighters and as we all know, Brook can punch. Brook has also taken flush GGG shots without going down and is one of the only fighters to not go down against GGG.

I think Errol will get exposed in this fight. Bute/Froch style.
      After next week he STILL would not have fought one honestly because Brook is not a "BIG PUNCHER" either he has some Pop but no he is not a One Punch KO Artist by any stretch. In fact Kell Brook haven't had a Clean KO his entire fuking career so can we STOP trying to make Kell Brook this big Puncher all of a sudden because he caught GGG with a great shot. He has Solid Power but not Great Power and not he is not a "PUNCHER"

Biggest Puncher at 147 is Matthysse! Spence Jr might have the edge in Power as well but of course "HE HAVEN'T FOUGHT ANYBODY" so I guess we will have to find out how well Brook take Spence Jr Power as well. Brook has shown a durable chin for the most part!

WE SHALL SEE NEXT WEEK!
      Last edited by sicko; 05-20-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Brook can catch your attention, but I'd hardly call him a puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Won't be a problem next weekend. Brook, despite his muscular frame, doesn't have much power.
          wasn't brook hurt by that ucranian dude that retired hatton in his previous fight? if errol's chin is suspect so is kell's

i think spence stops him, brook will try to make it ugly and go to the scorecards where he must likely will get a home desicion

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            Well good thing brook isn't a puncher then
            Lets just say he can punch a hell of a lot harder than anyone Spence has fought before.

Bundu and Algieri are Spence's "best" wins and they are two of the biggest pillow punchers that fought for world titles at Welterweight. Bundu's best achievement was also close between lasting 12 rounds with Thurman or scraping a split decision against Frankie Gavin.

Comment

people saying brooks not a puncher, hes got enough pop to knock people out. spence has literally fought people who cant crack an egg. brooks shots were stopping ggg in his tracks at times. spence cant just walk forward like he does against 40 year old fighters and washed up kickboxers, it wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                wasn't brook hurt by that ucranian dude that retired hatton in his previous fight? if errol's chin is suspect so is kell's

i think spence stops him, brook will try to make it ugly and go to the scorecards where he must likely will get a home desicion
                Brook took GGG's best shots and never even went down. His chin is fine.

Spence's chin is the one we should question. He's the one who was doing the chicken leg dance against 35% "KO artist" Lartey and hasn't faced anyone who can punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                  Brook took GGG's best shots and never even went down. His chin is fine.

Spence's chin is the one we should question. He's the one who was doing the chicken leg dance against 35% "KO artist" Lartey and hasn't faced anyone who can punch.
                  brook was hurt by GGG in the very beginning of the fight man, yeah, he put a valiant effort but ended up pretty busted. plus he was definitely hurt by that ucranian guy whose name i can't remember (schenko something) i he wasn't big puncher at all. if you can question errol's chin you can question brook's too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

It's such a tough one to call because even though I see Spence hurting him, I think Brook will be able to evade/clinch enough to prevent a finish. But, as you said, I think a decision will favor Brook because the crowd is going to be insane in his favor.

If Spence can hurt his body and beat him out in the stamina game, maybe he can put him away late. I have a hard time imagining Brook finishing Spence though. Brook doesn't have 1-punch power and Spence isn't going to let him tee-off.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      people saying brooks not a puncher, hes got enough pop to knock people out. spence has literally fought people who cant crack an egg. brooks shots were stopping ggg in his tracks at times. spence cant just walk forward like he does against 40 year old fighters and washed up kickboxers, it wont work.
                      Agree with this. The biggest "puncher" Errol ever fought was some guy called Ronald with 60% KO ratio. Mostly knocked out debut fighters along with negative record fighters.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/477649

Comment

Working...
                      X