Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IM trying To Think Who Was The Last White American World Champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
    He didn't stipulate North/Central/South American?
    I'm from Central America/Caribbean and the people there are not considered "Americans". Even though North/Central/South are literally in the Americas, you don't actually call everyone Americans. Canelo is from North America geographically and while it's literally true that he's "American" as in being from the Americas, this is the 21st century where it is accepted that the term American/America is the United States. Canelo is Mexican.

Comment

White American fighting genetics are OK. Look at all the white American boxing champions throughout history from Willy Pep to Rocky Marciano.

Comment

Saul Alvarez is white.
        Nelo is the blackest white irish mexican I ever seen.

Hes got the black slickness and a massive snake.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          World champion like Ring? Or just world champion like any world title holder? And can they be half white?

If it's World as in Ring then I think it was Pavlik. If he can be half white then it's Andre Ward.

If it's any major world title holder it's still Malignaggi or Pavlik or if he can be half white then Ward.
          how is half white, white?

Comment

Saul Alvarez is white.
            But not "American". At least in the common use in the US.

Comment

Keith Thurman

Comment

Chris Algieri was WBO champ at 140 right? Or was he an interim champion?

Comment

It's actually an interesting question. I'm guessing Pavlik.

It seems as though all of the best white boxers are from Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Chris Algieri was WBO champ at 140 right? Or was he an interim champion?
                    Yea I was thinking Algieri too. Idk the legitness of his abc title belt doe so maybe not.

Either way Algieri is one of the few top ten-ish white Americans around these days. White americans going into the MMA world & doing grappling & sh^t they aren't just punching each other in the head when they compete in combat sports.

Comment

To sum up:

World champion: Chris Algieri 2014
                      Lineal champion: Kelly Pavlik 2007-2010

Comment

Working...
                      X