Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Laughs at Jeff Lacy Comparisons From Team Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angkag View Post
    I'm not sure who 'you people' refers to, but I'm not American (if the inference is that it is Americans trying to hype a hope of theirs), and I don't pay any attention to hype. Just a long-term boxing fan who knows what they see.

I remember watching Sergio Martinez before anyone knew who he was (long before he 'proved' himself, and was getting all excited and telling people to watch this guy - no hype there, I just knew what I was seeing). I've followed Spence all the way because like Martinez, I know I'm watching class and excited to see how far it goes.

Doesn't make me any of 'you people', and I'm sure not desperate for a 'hope' in boxing as we've got lots fo talent in the ring currently to be excited about. Spence is just one more we can enjoy while he's around.
    There are quite a few posters on this site that lack the ability to be objective, and therefore think others can't either. Becoming more like b**ing24 everyday

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      We'll soon find out the "Truth" about Spence.
      First up is Gervonta. Can't wait to see him shine.
      I'm not sure who has more upside - Davis or Spence. I'd say Davis has better comp in front of him and around him. Sick actually.

Spence has Lomachenko and Mikey to contend with eventually. Spence has Thurman and Brook and maybe Crawford. You need opponents to shine. Spence might just shine more eventually because he is in a glamour division.

I'm not sure Davis will ever be put near Lomachenko until Lomachenko starts to fade which prob won't be any time in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Whatever you choose to believe is on you...Vato.

I wasn't even talking to you...stumpy
        I'm not Mexican

Comment

The biggest risk of this fight being in England is they might arrest Spence for murdering Brook after the fight. Cause he is going to merk that boy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            I'm not sure who has more upside - Davis or Spence. I'd say Davis has better comp in front of him and around him. Sick actually.

Spence has Lomachenko and Mikey to contend with eventually. Spence has Thurman and Brook and maybe Crawford. You need opponents to shine. Spence might just shine more eventually because he is in a glamour division.

I'm not sure Davis will ever be put near Lomachenko until Lomachenko starts to fade which prob won't be any time in the next few years.
            Good analysis.

I'm sold on both. Both are heavyhanded and skilled. They are my two current favorite fighters. However, I like Gervonta's explosive style a little more.

I wanna see Gervonta fight Mikey and Loma (two of my other favorites) maybe in a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
              His head movement is so good, I haven't seen him really hit clean.
              I don't agree with that. I've studied his last 5 fights before Algieri and he gets touched up more than people realise. Seriously, he got hit clean in nearly all those fights quite a bit, even though he was dominant.

He's a big talent but I do believe Brook's GREAT timing and particularly that straight right is going to be huge in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
                I don't agree with that. I've studied his last 5 fights before Algieri and he gets touched up more than people realise. Seriously, he got hit clean in nearly all those fights quite a bit, even though he was dominant.

He's a big talent but I do believe Brook's GREAT timing and particularly that straight right is going to be huge in this fight.

Spence employs hand/arm guards and slight head movement as defense in the past few fights because he knew his opponents wouldn't beat him to the KO.. His team explained that major head movements put your head in a position to be openly hit when ducking/weaving and removes the leverage from your counterpunches.. Spence hasn't shown his entire arsenal because it wasn't needed in his previous fights.. I'm sure if Spence couldn't take a solid punch on the chin and still come forward, Coach Derrick wouldn't employ that defense for Spence..
                Last edited by CowboyJ; 05-16-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Brook gets "touched up" more than Spence

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    leaving aside that Brit fans are over-hyping Brook and sleeping a great deal on Spence, Brook is better than Minter and Spence, at this point in his career doesn't yet have the track record that Hagler had back then.
                    But Spence has the potential to be as good as Hagler providing he has a solid chin - jury still out and he will be hit by Brook so lets see how he looks in this.
                    No issue with this comment, but I'm not sure Brook is better than Minter lol

Comment

I've literally watched every fight he has has except for 2 (which were t online) what fights did he "get hit quite a bit" in?

Comment

Working...
                      X