Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Laughs at Jeff Lacy Comparisons From Team Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason why I'm a fan, love his demeanor! Reminds me of Kawhi Leonard from the San Antonio Spurs just ALL BUSINESS but Silent Assassins! Work Ethic is absolutely RIDICULOUS, you will never see him out of shape even during his off time like many fighters he LIVES in the Gym. His team around him is SMALL it is mostly just him Derrick James and his Father no big Entourage or any of that.

Look forward to this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      Already an excuse for Brook lol. The world has become so pussified by Liberals that everything is an excuse.

Don't blame the weight. First Brook was too small for Middleweight and now he's drained. Fk you.
      May 15, 2017:

Brook has now gone through the tough process of getting back down in weight to 147, as he makes a mandatory defense against undefeated Olympian Errol Spence next Saturday night in Sheffield.

"It's been very, very tough because I moved to middleweight and then I had time off, so my weight went even higher. It's been gradual but we have got there. Every day is tough and we take one day at a time, but I'm sat here now and I'm on target. I'm hitting my targets, so I'm happy," Brook said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/brook-wan...lovkin--116602

I'm a Spence Jr. fan, but it is what it is! If GGG was coming down to 147, Spence Jr. would whoop his azz too! Oh yeah, fk you too!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        I really hope Spence is all that many think he is, but there's only one way to prove that ish. If he can beat Brook convincingly he'll be sold for me - not SRL great, hell no, not yet, but as maybe the top active WW.
        I truly believe in Spence; his skills and his ability. But you are absolutely right, he'll have to prove that **** in the ring against top level opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          Black people have no reason to be desperate for greatness.

We produce greatness on a level that can't be matched.
          You're not black.

Comment

I don't get the Lacy comparison at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Truth View Post
              Why is that that you people are so DESPERATE for a great hope.....So easily duped into buying the hype. Spence is the poor mans black Gerry Cooney
              I'm not sure who 'you people' refers to, but I'm not American (if the inference is that it is Americans trying to hype a hope of theirs), and I don't pay any attention to hype. Just a long-term boxing fan who knows what they see.

I remember watching Sergio Martinez before anyone knew who he was (long before he 'proved' himself, and was getting all excited and telling people to watch this guy - no hype there, I just knew what I was seeing). I've followed Spence all the way because like Martinez, I know I'm watching class and excited to see how far it goes.

Doesn't make me any of 'you people', and I'm sure not desperate for a 'hope' in boxing as we've got lots fo talent in the ring currently to be excited about. Spence is just one more we can enjoy while he's around.

Comment

We'll soon find out the "Truth" about Spence.
                First up is Gervonta. Can't wait to see him shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  You're not black.
                  Whatever you choose to believe is on you...Vato.

I wasn't even talking to you...stumpy

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Brook is NOT as a good as Calzaghe and Spence is BETTER than Lacy
                    Actually, he probably is better than joke calslappy....but regardless Errol "The Truth" Spence Jr. wins late T.K.O.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      I think it's weird for his team (guys who should be experts) repeating something like this. Just shows the fanboyism that can exist even in the circles of professionals.

If they actually think this kid is comparable to Jeff Lacy then Kell is in trouble. Kell isn't Joe Calzaghe by a long shot. He'll likely get stopped in this fight without his A-game.

Like I've said for weeks...Hagler v. Minter 2.0 coming soon
                      leaving aside that Brit fans are over-hyping Brook and sleeping a great deal on Spence, Brook is better than Minter and Spence, at this point in his career doesn't yet have the track record that Hagler had back then.
                      But Spence has the potential to be as good as Hagler providing he has a solid chin - jury still out and he will be hit by Brook so lets see how he looks in this.

Comment

Working...
                      X