Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: The Critics Can Talk - But I'm The King of 175!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
    Yeah! King of bull crap! King of avoiding real competition! It's too bad because Stevenson is an exciting fighter but Like Dela Hoya has done with Alverez, Stevenson's handlers have avoided putting him in with any real competition.
    *Well, you probably didn't have the chance to read that part, so I'll reposted it just for you:

Originally posted by TheThirdEye
    Humm! June is coming, let's see if Ward or Kovalev accepts to fight Adonis Stevenson for the Undisputed title. Did we hear Ward or Kovalev saying ish about Stevenson calling himself KING of the division. The lineal champion will finally trap the 3 belts holder in a corner.
    The top reward a boxer can reach in a division, is not to be champion or unify few titles; the highest goal is to become Undisputed. But, it's funny to see how most fans act like they never realize Ward or Kovalev aren't more trilled by the idea of becoming Undisputed one day; matter of fact, none of these two ever talk about this subject. Only 1 does, and it's Adonis Stevenson.
    What trolls are missing, is the more they hate on Stevenson, the better, the stronger, the tougher he becomes. There's a world premier situation right here, where most boxing followers aren't requesting for an Undisputed matchum, but rather hopes Stevenson never reach that point. Which doesn't make sense...
    Watch this, one of Stevenson mandatory was Hopkins, but Hopkins fleed to HBO. The other mandatory was Jean Pascal, which resigned from his own position before the WBC purse bid, and went to meet Kovalev instead. The last mandatory was Sergey Kovalev, which rejected 3 purse bids, as a free agent and as an HBO boxer.

But emotional followers will continu to act like they didn't see the truth behind the circumstances surrounding the choice of opponent Stevenson has. Anyhow, Stevenson will become the Undisputed Champion whether trolls or haters like it or not; he's the only one inquiring for it. Isn't that the proof Adonis Kal-El Stevenson is indeed the King of the LHW?

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      I'd be happy to. When Kovalev signed to fight Pascal, Kovalev made a special request to the WBC that he be allowed to fight for Pascal's diamond championship that he won against Bute.

Diamond titles aren't supposed to be defended. They're supposed to be a symbolic title won in a specific superfight. However, Kovalev wanted to fight for Pascal's diamond title and Kovalev wanted the winner of the fight to be named the mandatory to Stevenson.

In addition to wanting to be named the mandatory, Kovalev also wanted 50% of the purse bid, even though a mandatory would be entitled to much less than that.

The WBC & Stevenson agreed to all of Kovalev's demands. So Kovalev was allowed to win the diamond title, become the mandatory, and split the purse 50/50. Stevenson agreed to everything.

A purse bid was ordered after Kovalev's HBO contract expired and Kovalev was a television free agent.

After everything was agreed to, Kovalev blatantly ducked the fight, refused to participate in the purse bid, vacated his title and position and resigned with HBO instead of fighting Stevenson.
      Riiiiight.

The Pimp jumping ship to Showtime when the terms of a Kovalev fight had been agreed on HBO - that didn't happen, right?

Oh, this is going to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
        Riiiiight.
        just because you write "Riiiiight" after quoting paragraph after paragraph of easily verifiable indisputable fact doesn't change that what you quoted was easily verifiable indisputable fact.

Comment

Riiiiight.

The Pimp jumping ship to Showtime when the terms of a Kovalev fight had been agreed on HBO - that didn't happen, right?

Oh boy! this "no argument" guy said: "This is going to be good..."
          Humm! REALLY, what lie a troll can bring to compete with Facts? I'm curious. In the meantime, I have an old 2015 post for you; Relax, I'll use limited effort for you...

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post
          Back then in 2013, when she had Kovalev, she was ready to sacrifice him for few bucks, her company was broke, with Curtis Stevens as the best boxer from her team. She was really upset when her company couldn't make that 1.3 million with a rematch clause, by fighting Stevenson. But when she manage to get Hopkins in the ring, and strip him from his 2 championship Belts; Kovalev automatically saved Main Events promotions.
          When he fought Jean Pascal, he brought money Kathy Duva thought she would never see again in her life. So even if Kovalev contract was terminated with HBO, she rethought about the turn of events, just to realise she couldn't take the risk to match the only valuable boxer she have against Stevenson, no F way.
          *God sent Kovalev to me, and I know why God did what he did when he made Stevenson leave HBO for Showtime.
          For Duva, Kovalev should never fight Stevenson, she know he'll loose.

Comment

Riiiiight.

He's a Showtime/Haymon shill.

He claims to have worked for Showtime.

Comment

Riiiiight.

... later, Adonis pretended he still wants the fight -- but he said wanted it aired by both HBO AND Showtime!

... the "situation" is fully described in this article:

http://www.boxingscene.com/stevenson...-fight--100807

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                He's got the most important belt in the division. He's also got the lineage.
                And Kovalev blatantly ducked him.
                So yes, he is the king of the division.
                Kov didn't duck Stevenson, but keep believing what you will. And as for the most important belt, that's subjective. If you're going by the Dawson win, yes technically he's lineal, but that belt itself isn't really any more important than any other major belt IMO. He, Kov and Ward are close to tied in the LHW division. But will we ever see Stevenson vs Kov or Ward? If not in the next 1-2 years, doubtful it happens. Then we'll really never know who's king.

Comment

No doubting Stevenson has some serious power, and his boxing ability is right there with the top dogs at LHW. I think he'll ice Fonfara as quickly as Joe Smith did, or at least within a couple rounds.

As for the 3 top guys though, really, I think Stevenson would have an easier time with Ward than with Kovalev. I'm of the opinion Kovalev simply outworks and over powers him... even though Adonis is as good if not a better boxer than Kovalev. With Ward though, by the time they'd fight, Ward would be at least a year older, and definitely starting into the twilight year(s) of his career. I know Stevenson is even older, but really, he could conceivably land the punch that finally cracks Ward's dome. And he's a good boxer. And he may be older, but not as much in 'boxing years'. I just wish the 3 top guys (and maybe Beterbiev) would go at it. Too many unanswered questions with the LHWs. We need definitive answers soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    You forgot Kigali. Although he's not really a Stevenson fan, he just always sides with the black guys.
                    FIFY

Comment

this clown is a fraud! fonfara worked his ass over pretty good in their first fight. chickenson might not get past him in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X