Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Manager: We're Aiming For Parker Unification in Summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder's Manager: We're Aiming For Parker Unification in Summer

If the WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) has his way, he would be fighting WBO champion Joseph Parker (23-0, 18 KOs) in a summer unification showdown. Right now both fighters have mandatory defenses in front of them, but they could be allowed to bypass those fights if a deal is reached for a unification.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good, I'm glad Wilder wants that unification. Hopefully Parker wants to unify as well.

It's a lot better than watching Stiverne again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
      Good, I'm glad Wilder wants that unification. Hopefully Parker wants to unify as well.

It's a lot better than watching Stiverne again.
      That just means the winner must face Stiverne.

Comment

Of course go after the easiest of the top dogs. Given his last performance, anybody would fight Parker

Comment

Hopefully it gets done but will their mandatories take step aside money & will the WBC & WBO let it happen?

Comment

No HW champ has fought a mandatory in over two years. Parker has to negotiate with the Fury's the WBO has made it clear to sort the contract asap, Stiverne is training and wants the Wilder fight. Ortiz and Pulev aint giving up their chance at Joshua. Anyone who unifies will have a bunch of obligatory fights they can't make. Can we just get Stiverne, Pulev and Hughie fights done so we don't have four mandatories lingering at one time

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
              Of course go after the easiest of the top dogs. Given his last performance, anybody would fight Parker
              I don't see Wilder getting Joshua anytime soon. Joshua has Ortiz, Pulev & possibly a Klitschko rematch. Heck Tyson Fury could be in the mix before him. No fault of his but if he doesn't get Parker next it's Stiverne. If no Parker after Stiverne I think we will get Wilder/Bellew in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                That just means the winner must face Stiverne.

If Wilder and Parker do fight, the winner can negotiate with Joshua to unify all the belts for an undisputed champion.

Unifications rule out mandatories.

The question is are these 3 guys Joshua, Wilder and Parker willing to fight each other now. That's the question.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  I don't see Wilder getting Joshua anytime soon. Joshua has Ortiz, Pulev & possibly a Klitschko rematch. Heck Tyson Fury could be in the mix before him. No fault of his but if he doesn't get Parker next it's Stiverne. If no Parker after Stiverne I think we will get Wilder/Bellew in the UK.
                  I think you got it right here. Bellew wouldn't mind another pay day anyway. Even though it's a weak fight.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                    This morning people were complaining that Wilder was looking for the easy way out by fighting Stiverne.

Now Deontay says he wants Parker next and you are complaining that he's going after the easiest of the top dogs.

He can't win with you haters. You will criticize anything he does.

Comment

Working...
                    X