Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Feels That His Boxing IQ Could Topple Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    No you don't

People will pack Wembley...AJ vs Wilder needs no build-up.

It says something about the dimension of Wilder that AJ has yet to breath his name.
    Of course it does.

I'd imagine hardly anyone knows who Wilder is over there so why do you think they'll know him over here?

I am talking casual sports fans here not boxing fans. Boxing isn't a national sport over here, ffs. No matter what it looks like on television.

Wilder knocked over Audley Harrison for a few laughs in front of about 6 people a few years ago. That is his legacy in this country among people who actually watch boxing never mind the casuals.

The casual boxing fan in this country knows who Bellew is from his fight against Makubu in the football stadium and the fight with Haye, and the Rocky film.

90,000 people aren't just going to turn up to watch Joshua vs some guy. And I can imagine you'll get all upset by this statement but again I am talking about casual sports fans not hardcore boxing fans.

Wilder is just some guy at the moment. Albeit he has a belt and lots of KO's. But then they are lots of KO's from a guy they don't know against lots of other people they don't know.

He can knock over Bellew who will be sold as a real life Cinderella man and man of the people to create another PPV (which wont do that well even at our low prices). But he can become a bit of villain because of that because he'll look like a bully decapitating a skinny fat scouse lad...........and then people will want to see AJ smash him to bits.

Comment

He sells out Wembley , after the last show AJ gave the UK boxing crowd i would say that 80% at LEAST will come back to watch it and we have tons of ppl who didnt get tickets that will 100% get in if they could to watch a UK boxer kill an american one , you underestimate the UK vs US selling point of this fight which is bigggggg , i say they sell it out EZ.
      The american guy talking bull**** about the UK will insta sell , i dont think you guys understand how fast it will go , it will go FAST

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I suppose we do need Wilder to fight over here to make that Joshua fight at Wembley stadium.

It is a weird one though. With Bellew a willing sacrificial lamb.

I'd rather Whyte got in there with Wilder or even Del Boy. But I suppose Bellew has more of a following.

It does say something about the dimensions of Wilder that Bellew doesn't mind jumping in there with him. Bellew looked like a child next to AJ it is not really the same thing with Wilder. Wilder is an ectopmorph.
        It just shows how much confidence they have in wilder

They obviously see the Del Boy / whyte fights too scretchy for wilder

Big money fight is with Joshua obviously and they don't want to mess that up which embarrassing for a heavyweight champion of the world ha

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
          He sells out Wembley , after the last show AJ gave the UK boxing crowd i would say that 80% at LEAST will come back to watch it and we have tons of ppl who didnt get tickets that will 100% get in if they could to watch a UK boxer kill an american one , you underestimate the UK vs US selling point of this fight which is bigggggg , i say they sell it out EZ.
          The american guy talking bull**** about the UK will insta sell , i dont think you guys understand how fast it will go , it will go FAST
          Exactly

This fight does not need to built up.
          It's an easy sell

Let's see if AJ finds the sack to even mention Wilder's name.

Comment

Didn't Bellew get rag dolled by Stevenson. Where was his ring IQ then?

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              Didn't Bellew get rag dolled by Stevenson. Where was his ring IQ then?
              ...he was drained at Light heavyweight doe.

That's the popular excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                I have yet to hear AJ utter Wilder's name.
                Exactly. Bellew is just using Wilder's name to drum up respect for himself - typically Eddie Hearn BS playbook. Bellew will never sign a contract to fight Wilder because he gets destroyed.

Even AJ does not seem willing to go against Wilder now. With the way Wlad was hitting him with the right hand, Deontay knocks AJ out in my own opinion. Deontay is faster.

I just think people will find all kind of excuses to dislike Deontay, even when the flaws he is accused of having AJ also has. Rewatch the AJ vs Klitschko match and see AJ many times open, swinging at air, not including being dropped.

AJ gets dropped and he is considered as the second coming... while Wilder who hasn't is considered to be chinny. Wilder has been calling AJ out - let him sign the damn form and fight Wilder.

Even of all the BS talk. My money is on Wilder to knock out AJ within 6 rounds and expose him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Am I really talking sh^t if its true? Like I said I'm no Wilder hater, I'm a Wilder fan, he's the most fun guy to watch for me these days I think, BUUUUUT he fights a lil "unconventional", lets just say, at times wouldn't you agree?

And I think Ortiz has been down to fight Wilder since before he held a title. And that's not even to suggest Ortiz wins, but personally I wouldn't be surprised who beats Wilder. Washington was doing solid, that Polish cat was looking like he might win til Wilder stopped him. I think Wilder could easily end up being upset before he gets to Joshua or Fury (a non-effed Fury), both of whom I do feel like beat Wilder. I also think Klitschko would beat him.

And sh^t that's not even bad even though I'm sure you & others might be thinking I'm hating or downplaying Wilder or something. Wilder losing to those 3 guys still makes him among the best HW's around today despite his boxing skill issues.

The only HW who can beat Wilder is Fury, maybe Ortiz but I doubt it. AJ in my own opinion cannot beat Wilder - he is robotic, slower than wilder, not as well-conditioned (gasses quickly), and susceptible to both the left hook and right hand.

AJ does look the part of the future of boxing, but Wilder will rather be the part. Wilder even deserves more respect for knocking out guys who are typically 20 pounds heavier than he is. For all the talk about Wilder's skinny legs and not being technical, how come he beats all these technical geniuses?

I also hear all kind of excuses of Wilder being too open. He is not more open than AJ or Wlad is. It is the typically BS spewed. Watch Wilder's fight and see how much he really is open objectively.

Lastly, Wilder can fight both on front and back foot. AJ has difficulty fighting backwards and lost more of the rounds where Wlad was on the front foot.

Ultimately, AJ needs to put his money where his fans mouths are and sign to fight Wilder - then we can stop hearing the excuses.

Comment

Tony Bellew is a durable fighter with good enough boxing ability to get his own punches off while staying away from Deontay Wilder's windmill blows. Could see Bellew exposing Wilder but getting robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by asotgod123 View Post
                      Exactly. Bellew is just using Wilder's name to drum up respect for himself - typically Eddie Hearn BS playbook. Bellew will never sign a contract to fight Wilder because he gets destroyed.

Even AJ does not seem willing to go against Wilder now. With the way Wlad was hitting him with the right hand, Deontay knocks AJ out in my own opinion. Deontay is faster.

I just think people will find all kind of excuses to dislike Deontay, even when the flaws he is accused of having AJ also has. Rewatch the AJ vs Klitschko match and see AJ many times open, swinging at air, not including being dropped.

AJ gets dropped and he is considered as the second coming... while Wilder who hasn't is considered to be chinny. Wilder has been calling AJ out - let him sign the damn form and fight Wilder.

Even of all the BS talk. My money is on Wilder to knock out AJ within 6 rounds and expose him.

AJ got dropped got up and stopped Vlad

Big deal

Lamon Brewster did that...... to a prime Vlad.

Stephen Hawking has better reaction time than Joshua

Comment

Working...
                      X