Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew Feels That His Boxing IQ Could Topple Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asotgod123 View Post
    This has nothing to do with being his brother. But if my comments make you feel that way, feel free to call me that. I answered your question by requesting who the technical geniuses were that Joshua fought but you didn't have an answer.
    You just are coming off so fanboy-ish with Wilder.

I could make the same case for all the top heavyweights but Fury not proving anything as well, including AJ's win over an over the hill Wlad. Hence, my desire for them to all fight to see who is the best.
    All the best guys in every division should be fighting all the time. That's besides the point & sadly boxing doesn't work like that.

I definitely consider Joshua & Fury (well when he's active again & maybe at this point he needs to get a top ten win too) to be the top 2 in the division based on them beating an old fighter who ran the division for a decade vs Wilders best two wins being a never was that wasn't exactly in his prime either + Arreola who's like the HW version of Broner with his dumba$$ness.

To each his own on Joshua proving something. I don't think he proved anything other than Father time being very much on his side.
    I mean name 2 Wilder wins that beats Joshua's W over Klitschko. Wilder fought like 30 odd straight bums before he even got put in with a live body. That's just a fact. I'm not even married to Joshua being the next coming of Ali or Tyson or whoever so much as I'm sold on Wilder not proving much of anything yet is the funny thing with you keep bringing up Joshua when I'm talking Wilder.

But clearly Joshua has proven more in his 10+ fewer fights & less time with a title then Wilder has proven with 10+ more fights & more time as champion which is a damn shame I can say as a Wilder fan who'll likely be rooting for him when he fights Joshua (if he fights Fury I'm with Fury doe). There's really not discussion with this its so obvious.

Also, Wilder fighting Pulev is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.
    100% disagree. Pulev would FOR SURE be his 2nd best opponent & I think there is a solid argument to make it'd be his best opponent, but that's more debatable. I actually think he needs to fight better opponents before he fights Joshua or Fury. He's been around longer at the time than both of those guys, but he's had lesser opponents. He needs to bump it up & fight more indie top ten caliber guys. It'll make him a better fighter in the long run.

Another reason why I recommend a consolidation of all the titles. All the so-called 4-5 best undefeated HW guys fighting each other to determine 1 as the best.
    Wish in one hand & sh^t in the other & see what hand fills up quicker with all that like my uncle used to say.

I agree on the world-class skill but AJ seems to get credit for some world-class skill that I don't see.
    LOL you with the damnation of Joshua when I keep saying negative sh^t about him, but you only read the negative things I say about Wilder.

Okay let me put it like this, whatever level boxing skill Joshua is on its a level or three higher than whatever level Wilder is on. I mean cmon man with those windmill punches & having his hands all up in the air & nutty sh^t I've only seen in low level boxing matches & toughmen fights back in the day. And no no one has capitalized off of it, but he's not fought enough top ten caliber guys where you'd necessarily expect someone to have capitalized off of it for sure. If he fights Joshua or Fury they will make him pay for that toughman looking bs he does.

And so you don't think I'm only dogging on Wilder, Joshua's stamina is pretty bs I think we can all agree on that. I don't think I've ever seen a guy take like 2.5rds to get his oxygen back ffs. Showed some heart & resolve sure, but he won't be doing that too many more times at this level & that not turning out into a bad outcome for him.

Further, for all the talk about skill, your natural gifts do play a part in who you are. If AJ were 5'9" and 220, will be able to dominate his opponents as a heavyweight? Same for Wilder, without his reach, power and athleticism, where will he be? So, I think we cannot leave out the importance of the physical gift.
    LOL well cmon man attributes are attributes, They go well beyond height & reach & ability to build an impressive muscle mass. Some cats just got faster reflexes. Some cats probably learn quicker. Some guys got thicker skulls (think Chavez Sr did iirc, xray proven or something wacky like that). Some cats just got that hardwork & dedication gene. So its easier to see Joshua's & Wilder's physical gifts, but I think most of the cats we talk about all got physical gifts they're just less obvious sometimes.

Who are the guys that 90% of all of boxing will agree are a step for Wilder? Not sure they are more than 3 or 4.
    I don't presume to speak for all of boxing, but I've felt Pulev was a great opponent for awhile. I'm sure I've mentioned on the site previously. He's a big guy. He gots a nice record. Only lost to Klitschko. Not really done anything Wilder or his team should be nervous about, but is pretty universally considered a top 5 or 6 guy in the division these days it seems like.

But yea I wouldn't disagree there aren't a whole bunch of guys. I mean there's only 10 top ten guys obviously & those are the guys he should be fighting & probably only half of them are reasonable to fight anytime soon with all the bs of boxing that prevents high level fights more often.

Looking at the TRBR rankings I'd say Pulev (#6) makes sense. Ortiz (#3) is getting so much hype these days, as mentioned I'm super unsold on him, but he's highly considered by a lot of fans + just got with Haymon so that seems like a fight that might be the next best fight to make. The Joe Parker (#5) unification fight makes sense, but it sounds like his belt people are looking to re-make the Hughie Fury fight so that's probably not doable anytime soon. And to kinda build up a fight with Joshua I don't think Dillian Whyte (#10) would be a awful fight to make for the dick measuring ability with Joshua that that fight offers.

I guess those would be my top 4 guys I'd like to see Wilder fight next & Ortiz is probably the one to set up with Pulev in line for Joshua already, Parker looking at Hughie & Whyte being a decent enough back up (although in fairness I'm not 100% sure he gets past Wach).

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      I have yet to hear AJ utter Wilder's name.
      Why should he. He's got 2 belts, wilder one. Besides wilder only fights bums. He won't touch Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
        Why should he. He's got 2 belts, wilder one. Besides wilder only fights bums. He won't touch Joshua
        They both only fight bums....that's all there is in the heavyweight division.

Vlad was stopped in his prime by bums.

Comment

Working...
        X