Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-Chavez Did Big on PPV, GGG Will Be Bigger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much hate on canelo. Now y'all see why not giving ggg the leverage to negotiate a fight under WBC rules was straight boss business move. He didn't duck like y'all claim. Now he gonna whoop ggg and y'all crying that he is old now lol. When this fight took 1 yr more to make... gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
      No way that farce did 1 million buys....they'd be lucky to do half that.
      I think it could be legit. I had a lot of people asking me about it who are not even boxing fans, I was very surprised with how many people were aware of the match. I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to a mil

Comment

Originally posted by ghost94 View Post
        Why doesn't Mexico have PPV?
        Because $70 is a month's salary in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          Oscar gets delusional when he's back on the coke - he thinks that Canelo-GGG will do more than 4.6 million PPVs.

The media loves Oscar though because they know he's a fellow drug-indulging pervert.
          It won't beat MayPac ( I think Joshua-Wilder is the only fight that could conceivably come close, and that's in a year or so), but it could be Top 5 in PPV sales all-time easily..

Comment

Originally posted by ghost94 View Post
            Why doesn't Mexico have PPV?
            Because companies and corporations put their commercials in between rounds, and they pay huge money for that publicity.

Kinda like the PBC series, free fights but a lot of ads, also one thing that is very important, broadcast is delayed from 15 minutes to 1 hour, fights in Mexico do not air live.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
              Dvmbazz every ppv fight is free in mexico, it's because the network pay s up front to air it,& they make $$ on commercials,just like most uk fights are part of subscription or very low ppv. All Floyd Mayweathers fights were free in mexico too. But u got no complaints there huh.
              They show it on one-hour delay. Something like 32mm households watched it in Mexico. In a country of 127 MM. If you say those households averaged 2 people, that's basically half the country watched the fight. At least..

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                They showed with 1h delay ,cuse some channel in Mexico had PPV rights
                ^^^^^this right here.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  If Canelo-Chavez did 1 million buys - then 1 million Mexican people got drunk and ordered this mismatch strictly. I don't know anyone who ordered who cared about this fight.
                  Yeah pretty much... everyone knows Mexicans love the sport... so much so that Mayweather only fought on May 5th and Sept 16th...

Comment

GGG vs Cancelo will do 1.5 - 2 mil PPV

I feel 1.5-2 mil in PPV is a good estimate if Chavez vs Canelo got 1 mil PPV. Still that'll be great money for those two guys to fight. I'm looking forward to this match just waiting to see where the fight will take place.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                      Yeah pretty much... everyone knows Mexicans love the sport... so much so that Mayweather only fought on May 5th and Sept 16th...
                      You meant to say Mexicans CARRY the sport and the reason Cinco and Diez y Seis weekends are thee 2 biggest boxing dates ever for this sport!

Comment

Working...
                      X