Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my breakdown and prediction for a Golovkin win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
    Dude Canelo will have to get GGG respect, Plain and simple. GGG is a good technician and he has very good foot movement and is an expert at cutting off the ring. He also has a great jab. Canelo has slow foot movement and he plants to rip off combination. He has very good handspeed , but he will need to counter the jab and turn Ggg , by pivoting While he is doing this he must invest in body punches. He must fight in spurts. This bout will not be a brawl but a very lively game of cat and muse. Both guys styles compliment each others strenths , however it is up to Canelo to get his attention or be in tremendous shape to weather those storms. Right now i give the edge to GGG by unanimous decision (rahter close, but unanaimous, or late round stoppage by Canelo's Corner.
    I agree. Canelo and Golovkin both have great defense. Golovkin's defensive movements and the way he parrys punches are very subtle. Canelo is a counter puncher. He's not a stalker. Golovkin hunts his opponents down and cuts off the ring better than most. Golovkin's power is what usually changes the game plan of his opponents. Whether Canelo can take Golovkin's power is the big question. If there's any chance that Golovkin starts to hurt Canelo I believe his corner will stop the fight. Canelo has a long career ahead of him and it wouldn't be worth the risk. Should be a great one.

Comment

Canelo admitted he was tiring during his fight with Chavez and had to pull back and pace himself. He was only averaging about 50 punches per round, which tells me he still hasn't figured out his stamina problems yet. For GGG, the path to victory must include a body attack. Canelo is a very strong MW, and can take a punch. Work his body, don't let him breath, wear out his stamina in the first half of the fight and jab, move and pot shot the rest of the fight. Of course all of that is much easier said than done. But, I don't see how GGG wins unless he commits to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Who is bigger and stronger, Ward or Kovalev? Kovalev's jab is monstrous, be it planted or the pounce, did Ward neautralize it?

Yes.
        Jab neutralized...

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          Jab neutralized...

wow! 2 secs!

there are approximately 2,160 seconds throughout 12 rounds! doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Like I said, I believe to frustrate Canelo is to constantly snap his head back like Mayweather did.
            The reason why Mayweather's jab worked is:
            1. Mayweather's quickness - he was slow to react to it
            2. He was worried about Mayweather countering his counter.

Golovkin has a snapping jab but it's a lot slower than Mayweather's

Comment

I think Golovkin is going to steamroll Alvarez. He simply doesn't have the power to scare Golovkin. Should be an easy fight.

Comment

One thing i know is that Canelo needs to get GGG's respect with power. If he doesn't respect your power, i think it might be game over.

Jacobs has power but also quite slick so GGG respected that and didn't find it easy to pin him down either. Canelo probably doesn't hit as hard as Jacobs and also doesn't have great movement with his feet, although his upper body movement is excellent, but do you really want to rely on just good upper body movement and defence when there's a guy who can crack like GGG in front of you? - If GGG doesn't respect Canelo's power, he will start to force him backwards and Canelo doesn't have the footwork to do much about it and will find himself on the ropes.

I don't think it's an easy fight for GGG at all, Canelo is an excellent top level fighter so how could it be, but i just feel the things that Canelo's best attributes are not really suited to beating someone with Golovkin's best attributes.

Comment

Working...
                X