Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my breakdown and prediction for a Golovkin win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my breakdown and prediction for a Golovkin win.

If Golovkin constantly snaps Canelos head back in the early rounds then it is over for Canelo at that point.

Golovkin will find rythym and constantly beat him to the punch with his superior jab and reach. While landing that right hand when Canelo over commits to his counter out from the frustration of gggs jab.

Then Canelo once more goes to the ropes to counter punch from there but golovkin stays patient and use his jab to make canelo drop his guard to counter and counter the counter. Wobbling Camelot.

11 round Tko while golovkin is up in the cards.

I'm curious about how mobile Canelo can be, and how well he counters Golovkin's jab. People keep talking about power but for me those are the two critical questions.

If Canelo can limit the effectiveness of Golovkin's jab then he has a great chance to win. Can he do it is the question. I don't think he is that fond of moving his legs, but he has pretty decent head movement and he is a lot faster/more fluid than Golovkin.

Hard to see him countering Golovkin's jab too easily as Golovkin's jab is top notch. But if he can make Golovkin miss or beat him to the punch often enough, then it will limit the time he has to spend on his bike.

Comment

Who is bigger and stronger, Ward or Kovalev? Kovalev's jab is monstrous, be it planted or the pounce, did Ward neautralize it?

Yes.

Comment

With respect, i hope you are wrong.

To be honest, i don't want to see Golovkin jab his way to victory such as Lemiux and Jacobs [somewhat].

This fight is going to get a huge build up, so a strategic battle with both showing lots of respect for each other won't do it for me. When paying top dollar, i want to see action and a dramatic show.

This is Golovkin and Canelo's time to shine and i want to see GGG fight like he did vs Kassim Ouma and go to war.
        They both have a solid chin, so take them out to the deep waters and see who sinks and who swims.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          Who is bigger and stronger, Ward or Kovalev? Kovalev's jab is monstrous, be it planted or the pounce, did Ward neautralize it?

Yes.
          Ward never neutralized kovs jab. He clinched his way to tire Kovalev and got him all tired from wrestling him. Even the a tired kovalev jabbed his head constantly and you forgot also that ward has legs and Canelo does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I'm curious about how mobile Canelo can be, and how well he counters Golovkin's jab. People keep talking about power but for me those are the two critical questions.

If Canelo can limit the effectiveness of Golovkin's jab then he has a great chance to win. Can he do it is the question. I don't think he is that fond of moving his legs, but he has pretty decent head movement and he is a lot faster/more fluid than Golovkin.

Hard to see him countering Golovkin's jab too easily as Golovkin's jab is top notch. But if he can make Golovkin miss or beat him to the punch often enough, then it will limit the time he has to spend on his bike.
            Head movement can be countered. Jacobs used effective head movement to slip gggs jab and golovkin countered by sneaking an upper cut that wobbled him. Canelo has three problems. The jab. The sneaking upper cut and the straight right hand. Ggg can put bunches of combinations to keep his opponents on his toes like Jacobs. Notice golovkin in his last fight. If the jab is not there. Sneak an uppercut. If an uppercut cannot be land. Jab over right hand combination. People missed golovkins change of approach in the figh because they are not used seeing him in a hard situation. But to me ggg showed more skills than he is in his last five years in that fight alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Ward never neutralized kovs jab. He clinched his way to tire Kovalev and got him all tired from wrestling him. Even the a tired kovalev jabbed his head constantly and you forgot also that ward has legs and Canelo does not.
              Yeah the best Heavyweight bouts ever we never saw the boxers clinch. Dude go watch golf bruh!

Comment

You must not have seen the Trout or Lara fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post

Yes.
                  I'll have to agree with OP that Ward didn't neutralize Kovalev's jab but he neutralized Kovalev's right hand after the KD.. In the later half of the fight it was mostly Kovalev's jab that was landing & Ward was working on the inside once he got past the jab..

Comment

Canelo has the advantage in speed & can put in a combination if the target is stationary(no head/upper body movement).. That said, Canelo is more of a counterpuncher from what we have seen recently & would try to counter Golovkin's jab & hook.. Canelo is slow on his feet & plants it every time he has to get off his combos.. If Golovkin can catch the counter right & land a left hook to the body he has a chance to back Canelo up & Canelo doesn't fight good backing up.. The other thing Golovkin has to avoid is the upper cut when he waits to get his shots off..
                    I see a late KO for Golovkin but it wouldn't surprise me if he wins by a decision..

Comment

Working...
                    X