Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my breakdown and prediction for a Golovkin win.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    You're seeing his actions but moth his method. He never puts his back on the ropes when things are tense/problematic, like many fighters do (which was your scenario). He does the opposite, going to the ropes to draw out an attack when he's feeling comfortable. Canelo has developed good lateral footwork. He doesn't use it offensively much but it's there for him when he doesn't want to get trapped.
    I think GG's best path to victory is to get Canelo on the ropes but don't expect Canelo to go there out of frustration.

As far as frustration, we haven't seen him get sloppy form frustration for years, since the Mayweather fight, and even then he kept fairly composed. Look at the Lara fight, where he should have been frustrated out of his mind. Or, even as recently as the early rounds against Khan. Canelo doesn't get sloppy from frustration. He's remarkably composed. It's one of the things he's known for.
    Lara never really 'snapped' Canelo's head in the fight, but rather he remained inactive. Lara's straight left and 1-2 was his bread and butter for the fight, but his head wasn't really head snapping like Ward-Kov or GGG-Lemmy. It's hard to frustrate Canelo who has strong mental foothold but he does when it is constant enough.

Comment

I think early the fight will be fireworks. Then as the rounds go on GGG will take over more and push the pace while canelo fatigues. Footwork will be the key in this fight. Canelo has way to slow of feet to escape hes gonna have to hurt GGG to back him up and i doubt he can do that for the whole fight with GGG's chin.

GGG by decision or late KO.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        Yep.. I said the same thing in my last post.. GGG needs to feint more to draw Canelo into his counter & then counter him instead..
        I thought the same thing but, then I thought, is GG quick enough? Canelo's counter game is pretty sharp. I don't think GG wants to get tangled in that.

Personally, I think Golovkin needs to get off first with the jab and keep Canelo moving back, occasionally threatening with a follow-up right. He can do this all night and win. If he can get him to rest on the ropes (which is really an x-factor in this fight), Golovkin with overpower him as Canelo's guard isn't as tight as he seems to think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Lara never really 'snapped' Canelo's head in the fight, but rather he remained inactive. Lara's straight left and 1-2 was his bread and butter for the fight, but his head wasn't really head snapping like Ward-Kov or GGG-Lemmy. It's hard to frustrate Canelo who has strong mental foothold but he does when it is constant enough.
          I never said anything about Lara snapping his head, I said he frustrated him. Lara was incredibly frustrating for him to fight, as he later expressed. But, Canelo stayed composed, which is how he picked up later rounds and won the fight.

Comment

I never said anything about Lara snapping his head, I said he frustrated him. Lara was incredibly frustrating for him to fight, as he later expressed. But, Canelo stayed composed, which is how he picked up later rounds and won the fight.
            Like I said, I believe to frustrate Canelo is to constantly snap his head back like Mayweather did. With Canelo's mental footnote, he wont be frustrated as long as he doesn't get hit back, even if you run, or dont get hit. And I believe GOlovkin's jab, if it lands enough, makes Canelo frustrate and over commit.

Comment

I thought the same thing but, then I thought, is GG quick enough? Canelo's counter game is pretty sharp. I don't think GG wants to get tangled in that.

Personally, I think Golovkin needs to get off first with the jab and keep Canelo moving back, occasionally threatening with a follow-up right. He can do this all night and win. If he can get him to rest on the ropes (which is really an x-factor in this fight), Golovkin with overpower him as Canelo's guard isn't as tight as he seems to think it is.
              Interesting point.. but Golovkin might get countered when he tries to jab so that is why I figured if he can feint, catch & counter.. Golovkin handspeed might not be as good as Canelo but when he catches his right Canelo will be open both upstairs & at the body.. Canelo is a good body puncher himself & has a good chin..
              I agree that once he rests on the ropes, Golovkin will take his time to unload & will make sure Canelo stays there longer than he intends too..

Comment

Canelo overcommitting on the counter? Then, going to the ropes to play counters because he's losing?
                Ok...

I can see him losing but I can't see him doing either of the above.
                Actually that is one of the things I'm curious about with this fight. Canelo has shown a tendency to go to the ropes when he is pressured. He has done it on several occasions. If he does that with GGG it is going to be a short night for him imo. He will get destroyed if GGG can corral him in a corner/ropes. He has to keep the fight in the center of the ring.

Comment

This is somethign that I have always noticed. Chavez as inactive and gunshy as he is did land some clean body shots when Canelo was on his guard, and Kirkland Angulo did the same even, clean punches. Idk if Canelo is hard on the body or the Elbows caught them because from what Im seeing the hooks does land.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    Interesting point.. but Golovkin might get countered when he tries to jab so that is why I figured if he can feint, catch & counter.. Golovkin handspeed might not be as good as Canelo but when he catches his right Canelo will be open both upstairs & at the body.. Canelo is a good body puncher himself & has a good chin..
                    I agree that once he rests on the ropes, Golovkin will take his time to unload & will make sure Canelo stays there longer than he intends too..
                    I could just see Golovkin ending up like this where the feint fails and gets him in trouble;

But, Golovkin does have a good, shooting jab. I'm sure he'll land that on Canelo quite a bit. I just don't know if he wants to get into a game of reflexes with him. More importantly, i don't think Sanchez will let him.

Comment

I could just see Golovkin ending up like this where the feint fails and gets him in trouble;

But, Golovkin does have a good, shooting jab. I'm sure he'll land that on Canelo quite a bit. I just don't know if he wants to get into a game of reflexes with him. More importantly, i don't think Sanchez will let him.
                      It will be interesting when Canelo will start Jabing too ,he is useing Jab more and more and he is catching faster fighters then GGG with it ,many ppl and this forums would be shook when Nelo wins jab battle.

Comment

Working...
                      X