Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: A lot of You Said Golovkin Fight Would Never Be Made!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    just so happens the last 2 fights were his best fighting partners who could actually box? please u guys just dont stop with the excuses and pre excuses
    So you think he is in his prime?

Comment

This guy sounds like Ward did when he finally agreed to rematch Kov. Next, there will be the "Official: I'm sorry Canelo" thread

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        lol honestly as a boxing fan I couldn't give 2 ****s about leverage I want the best fights to be made at the right time. If that makes me an uneducated hater then so be it. When you don't have a fighters nutsack blocking your vision you see things for how they really are. As a boxing fan I can't understand why you're happy this fight has taken so long to get made.

Dress it how you want but calling a fighter to the ring and fiercely proclaiming Mexicans don't **** around and then proceeding to **** around makes him look like an idiot.

I'm pretty sure they never asked for 50/50. That's not what the mandatory purse split is.

Since you know everything what exactly is GGG getting paid because as far as I'm aware that information isn't public.
        The mandatory purse bid split was 55-45 and they were given 15 days to agree after the Khan fight. The business side of boxing is a major aspect of the sport. It is called prize fighting for a reason. No one should expect to ignore that reality. Did the ring call out look bad in light of vacating? Yes. Did anyone expect the WBC to issue a 15 day deadline? No. Context my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          I think ggg definitely still has more in the tank than mosley did. The thing with mosley was he was all inactive for over a year going into that fight and you can't do that in your late 30s. At least ggg has been active and still considered the top guy at 160 despite not looking as dominant recently.
          I am hoping the September fight is a good one. Canelo has a chance but should be the underdog going in. Beyond that and despite beating 6'1" Chavez, I think that Canelo will have a tough time, with tall athletic middleweights like Jacobs. If GGG wins, a rematch with Jacobs would be a good fight. Then he should retire and take his whining and complaining fans with him. They know enough English to beech and moan, but not enough to talk intelligently about boxing and financial negotiations. I guess that is now the reality in this post truth Trump era.

Comment

No you didn't always want to fight GGG cause you gave him your belt. The time is right is what Canelo means. He can see GGG has slowed down. Canelo wins now by late TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              The mandatory purse bid split was 55-45 and they were given 15 days to agree after the Khan fight. The business side of boxing is a major aspect of the sport. It is called prize fighting for a reason. No one should expect to ignore that reality. Did the ring call out look bad in light of vacating? Yes. Did anyone expect the WBC to issue a 15 day deadline? No. Context my friend.
              I understand that but celebrating the fact that a fight has taken long to get made because it suits your fighter doesn't sit right with me. Like I said my love of the sport comes above any individual boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
                The quality of opposition was a factor, but so was Golovkin showing his age. A few years ago he would have won easier.

cool story bro

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                  I am hoping the September fight is a good one. Canelo has a chance but should be the underdog going in. Beyond that and despite beating 6'1" Chavez, I think that Canelo will have a tough time, with tall athletic middleweights like Jacobs. If GGG wins, a rematch with Jacobs would be a good fight. Then he should retire and take his whining and complaining fans with him. They know enough English to beech and moan, but not enough to talk intelligently about boxing and financial negotiations. I guess that is now the reality in this post truth Trump era.
                  at this stage Canelo and the jacobs rematch are the only viable options for him. Should he beat both, he should definitely retire. I think charlo is going to be an interesting mix at mw but he hasn't done anything at that weight yet.

Comment

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
                    So you think he is in his prime?

stop making excuses

have some faith in Golovkin

he may not get beaten up by a fat red kid with freckles

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      He actually did as that was the only leverage BBB side had and he took it away.
                      All that paper title did for BBB side was make him pay more in sanctioning fee's his last two fights. Didn't make him a dime.
                      Now BBB side got paid what he is worth instead of that 50/50 nonsense K2 was talking last year.
                      Like I said, he is making uneducated haters like you look stupid right now.
                      There is absolutely no evidence that K2 asked for a 50/50 split.

Comment

Working...
                      X