Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post here if you think Canelo Beats Golovkin in September!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going with Canelo by close, maybe controversial decision.... What I saw last night is that his gas tank looks good at a higher weight, could be a different story with Golovkin doing way more damage than Chavez Jr.

I think Canelo's defence and counterpunching is key. He's getting more polished with each fight whereas I think Golovkin has peaked.

Comment

I definitely feel he has a legitimate chance to do it: Especially if he could force Golovkin to fight off the back foot like JCC, Jr. However, first he must find a way to neutralize GGG's jab. Essentially, it's going to come down to whoever can get their punches off first,.

Comment

I wish people would stop blaming Canelo for not fighting GGG sooner,like he's ducking him. Canelo does what GB promotions and HBO tell him to do. I mean seriously, I really don't believe the people making those comments actually believe that,unless they're GGG fanboys or know absolutely nothing abt how the boxing game works. Yes, he's a marquee name now,but so was Pacquiao and tons of others, but who was pulling the strings on who they fight next? Floyd was the only fighter in recent memory that had that kind of pull there have been others, but usually toward the end of their careers, like B-Hop.

Networks and promoters dominate,fighters accommodate.

Comment

Canelo is a better pure boxer than GGG.

He wins the battle of distance by jabbing the first 3 rounds.

I think he'll win on points, like I always did.

Comment

Originally posted by suntzu073 View Post
            I wish people would stop blaming Canelo for not fighting GGG sooner,like he's ducking him. Canelo does what GB promotions and HBO tell him to do. I mean seriously, I really don't believe the people making those comments actually believe that,unless they're GGG fanboys or know absolutely nothing abt how the boxing game works. Yes, he's a marquee name now,but so was Pacquiao and tons of others, but who was pulling the strings on who they fight next? Floyd was the only fighter in recent memory that had that kind of pull there have been others, but usually toward the end of their careers, like B-Hop.

Networks and promoters dominate,fighters accommodate.
            You are wrong, only Canelo calls the shots on when and who he fights:

Comment

That's proof? because Canelo and Chavez Sr. said so? They said this; trying to sell an empty cardboard box of a fight.Sorry, this proves nothing to me. I wish all fighters on his level have the type of autonomy you believe he has,the sport would be better for it.

Comment

lol @ harping on Golovkin's age. Please. If people were so certain that GGG would have destroyed Canelo just two years ago, then there's no reason to think he's suddenly grew old overnight now. He's 35, not 45.

Whoever wins wins. I could almost see it going either way. My gut tells me Golovkin by KO/TKO, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Canelo win. Would be amusing after all the shit people have talked about Canelo being scared.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  A year ago it was "he hasn't been in battles he's still fresh". He has a close fight with Jacobs and now people say he's slipping LOL. He's the same guys he's always been he's just not fighting Dominic wades anymore
                  Actually it was first the Dominic wade fight that got people saying he was slipping lol fail

Comment

Depends which Golovkin shows up. Seems like he's falling in love with his power and forsaking the little thing that made the knockouts happen.

Comment

I did not even watch the fight last night, but if he has not improved his foot work and agility? he will be beaten up badly in the second half of the fight against Golovkin! (And i don't think he has the punching power to deter Golovkin! Canelo best chance to win is to go to Golovkin's body hard!)...

Comment

Working...
                      X