Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post here if you think Canelo Beats Golovkin in September!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    I've said this before and I still stick by it, I feel like Canelo's patience on counterpunching and waiting on his shots will cause Golovkin all kinds of problems. Golovkin is going to have to take one to give one.
    If Golovkin has to take one to give one, he'll win because he is the harder puncher with the more proven chin.

Canelo will need to land more clean, punishing punches if he's expected to win this fight.

Comment

Canelo can definitely win. He looked good against Chavez although Chavez was just there to be hit.

If Golovkin doesn't stopped Canelo, most likely its a win for ginger..

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Checking in. Prepare yourself for the gg is past prime comments all the sudden
        I've already seen them on facebook boxing groups. haha

Comment

Canelo looked really good tonight. He didn't have his usual mid to late round stamina issues (maybe because he was actually fighting in his natural weight division). His hands were really fast and he got Chavez Jr.'s respect with his power. Canelo also seemed much better in regards to his foot movement.

BUT

Golovkin is worlds better than Chavez Jr. and he won't be weight drained like Chavez was tonight. Golovkin has a jab that will be very useful and against a guy like Canelo who is shorter (although Canelo has good timing and is faster handed). Golovkin appears to be stronger. His power and chin are proven at 160 lbs. Canelo seems to take a decent punch but he has never been cracked by anyone near as powerful as Golovkin.

They're both tricky fighters, both elite.

Canelo has convinced me that he can be competitive with GGG, at least through the early rounds but I won't be surprised to see Golovkin win a decision or by KO/ TKO.

If I was a betting man , I'd have to pick Golovkin.

Comment

I've thought this for quite a while now. I'm not looking to hear any excuses.

Comment

Team Canelito here.

Comment

I've always picked Canelo.

Comment

I believe GGG underestimated Jacobs and brook. He seen pirog blow Jacobs away and brook is a WW. This will be the best version of GGG in my opinion because this is his legacy fight. I slightly favour GGG but I think canelo will have his moments through good counters. Can't wait for this one.

Comment

I'm leaning towards Canelo at this point in time.

And it wasn't because of the Chavez fight either, I've always leaned Canelo's way just slightly though.

Comment

Despite Chavez Jr. being a complete bum, Canelo showed a lot last night. He had multiple attacks and varied combinations and he showed his stamina is no longer an issue by standing the whole fight between rounds.
                      Now BBB side is still a very skilled fighter and will come in wanting to cut off the ring and stay in range and pressure Canelo. He will have to fight a very smart fight to overcome it.
                      He showed last night he is patient and won't go head hunting even when he is clearly outclassing the other guy. Canelo can win a decision if he doesn't get reckless.
                      Yes he can win but he could also lose this one. That's why the fans want to see the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X