Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post here if you think Canelo Beats Golovkin in September!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeen its a great fight... i will bet on canelo ... but i do think ggg could cause all kind of problems, canelos chin still suspect against someone like ggg

Comment

F.ck man. I'm a fan of both. 50/50 to me at this point

Comment

Such a close fight to call theres so many factors. GGG struggling in his last fight and his Age...Can canelo take a shot from a REAL power punching middle weight? Just an awesome fight I cant wait guys! Excited af for this fight.

Power Advantage: GGG

Speed: Canelo

Footwork: GGG

Defense: Canelo

Stamina: GGG

Chin: GGG

Heart: ???? Neither have really had much adversity in fights where they had to dig deep and pick themselves up. I'll chalk this one up as a Tie

Experience: GGG

Youth: Canelo

Trainer: Canelo, hes been with reynoso since he turned pro and they have a good repertoire together.
        Last edited by Southpawology; 05-07-2017, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          A year ago it was "he hasn't been in battles he's still fresh". He has a close fight with Jacobs and now people say he's slipping LOL. He's the same guys he's always been he's just not fighting Dominic wades anymore
          I don't know about other people but I've been saying Golovkin might be past it before Jacobs fight, only because of the age, not because of his performance against Brook (never watched that fight actually). But let's not pretend like these fans doesn't have a right to say he's past prime when the mother****er is 35. It's not an excuse for him wasting his better years on bums, bartenders and cab drivers but the fact remains - any fighter isn't supposed to be the same at 35, all the talk about him being fresh was coming from his fanboys, it doesn't mean the stuff they said was true, he's far from being fresh

Comment

Although Right Now I see it as a 50/50 fight . I won't be surprised if they give us a Canelo/Lemieux GGG/Sanders double header first . Which would favor Canelo IMO because Sanders can box and GGG isn't getting any younger . And in that case if they were to fight in early 2018 I would definitely favor Canelo over GGG .

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              A year ago it was "he hasn't been in battles he's still fresh". He has a close fight with Jacobs and now people say he's slipping LOL. He's the same guys he's always been he's just not fighting Dominic wades anymore

Triple G has had like 350 Amateur fights idc who you are that takes alot of tread off your tires right there before youre even pro. Jacobs came to fight that night but triple G is definitely getting old and on the slow decline. He had no choice to face dominic wades when guys with names wouldnt fight him (petey quillen, canelo , cotto etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                Although Right Now I see it as a 50/50 fight . I won't be surprised if they give us a Canelo/Lemieux GGG/Sanders double header first . Which would favor Canelo IMO because Sanders can box and GGG isn't getting any younger . And in that case if they were to fight in early 2018 I would definitely favor Canelo over GGG .

They wouldnt do that. They already announced the fight. Its going down Sept 16th.

Comment

F**k all the "my dad's stronger than your dad" bs. Let's just celebrate another great fight added to the 2017 calendar

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    I don't know about other people but I've been saying Golovkin might be past it before Jacobs fight, only because of the age, not because of his performance against Brook (never watched that fight actually). But let's not pretend like these fans doesn't have a right to say he's past prime when the mother****er is 35. It's not an excuse for him wasting his better years on bums, bartenders and cab drivers but the fact remains - any fighter isn't supposed to be the same at 35, all the talk about him being fresh was coming from his fanboys, it doesn't mean the stuff they said was true, he's far from being fresh
                    Past prime or not it's a little peculiar that as soon as Golovkin looked mortal in the ring and had a close fight with Jacobs the Canelo fight can suddenly be made. Last year Canelo had two hundred excuses as to why the fight can't happen and actually gave him his belt without a fight. I do wonder how much that has to do with it and if Golovkin would have crushed Jacobs in two rounds if we wouldn't instead have Lemieux vs Canelo.

I guess none of that matters now.

I think it's a legit 50/50 fight and not necessarily because of skill but because of their styles- it means both guys are going to take a lot of damage and in a fight like that where neither guy is willing to back down and are willing to take damage, it could be they fight 10 times and each win 5. Just depending on who dishes out the most punishment the fastest and may boil down to who gets​ hurt first.

Comment

the excuse machines are just getting warmed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X