Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua The New Muhammad Ali ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    They don't even need a big win. Look at Golovkin.
    can you participate in any thread without mentioning golovkin? your obsession is disturbing....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      can you participate in any thread without mentioning golovkin? your obsession is disturbing....
      Not when a Golovkin fan is claiming other fighters are overhyped for having 1 big win.

Comment

lol.......

Comment

Not when a Golovkin fan is claiming other fighters are overhyped for having 1 big win.
          News flash, I'm not a Golovkin fan.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            News flash, I'm not a Golovkin fan.
            I'm pretty sure i've seen you in lots of threads defending him. No need to lie about it, even though it's embarrassing.

Comment

Goes to show how desperately some people long for the glory days of heavyweight boxing to return when they're willing to pretend that one great win is enough to warrant comparisons with Muhammad Ali.

Joshua doesn't have an inch of Ali's charisma or showmanship, nor his accomplishments; His win over Klit was great, but the guy was still 41 years old with a whole lot of milage on him. Let's see how well he does against other top players before comparing him with one of the greatest of all time.

Comment

I'm pretty sure i've seen you in lots of threads defending him. No need to lie about it, even though it's embarrassing.
                I defend him when casuals such as yourself make uneducated accusations or unfounded claims. I've also defended or given the benefit of the doubt to Canelo, Brook, Khan, Porter, and even Broner on occasion. Doesn't mean I'm fans of them in particular.

Comment

Tyson Fury is closer to Ali than Joshua...

Fury's Food coma hiatus = Ali's prison hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    If Joshua wins more than 3 fights in a row and fights decent competition I will be shocked. He has major flaws. It's possible Wlad looked so good because Joshua is only good not great.
                    That's quite possible...in fact it's probably quite probable.

I picked Wlad to win because i felt he could do what he did do in the fight. It wasn't enough, so i give credit to Joshua for that and the win.

The thing is though, i didn't pick Wlad because i think he's still that good, i picked him because i don't think Joshua is that great. I picked Fury over Wlad after i saw the Jennings fight. Nobody can convince me that at 41 Wlad is a better fighter than then and after a lay-off. It's just not possible.

As i say, full credit for the win but the hype is unreal. Really, not many fighters would be getting credit for going life and death with a 41 year old coming off a loss and hadn't fought since 2015, so it's quite baffling the amount of praise the win is getting in the media and boxing world. I'm not saying it isn't a good win but it's not like he's just dethroned a mid 30's Wlad that's dominating the HW scene.

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as Ali..

But Joshua is clearly "the man" at this time in history. Historically this will be known as the "Joshua era", and when it's all said and done, he could probably be rated ahead of guys like riddick bowe if he keeps winning

Comment

Working...
                      X