Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horns gonna get knocked out jumping in like he does

Manny gets his first stoppage in a while

Comment

Ya'll gotta chill, no one's claiming this fight isn't a tune-up for Manny. I'm excited to see if Manny can still pull a one-sided beat down like of old. If not, time to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
        I'm starting to doubt Manny will fight a top ten guy ever again
        You mean top 10 P4P? Or top ten in the division?

Because Vargas was firmly top ten in the division. Bradley, the fight before Vargas, was a fringe top ten pound for pounder and top five in the division. The fight before Bradley was against the universal #1 P4P fighter on the planet. That fight before that, was against Algieri, who again, was top ten in his division.

Hell even Horn, who people act like is the 100th rated fighter in his division is rated 12th by boxrec at welter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          You mean top 10 P4P? Or top ten in the division?

Because Vargas was firmly top ten in the division. Bradley, the fight before Vargas, was a fringe top ten pound for pounder and top five in the division. The fight before Bradley was against the universal #1 P4P fighter on the planet. That fight before that, was against Algieri, who again, was top ten in his division.

Hell even Horn, who people act like is the 100th rated fighter in his division is rated 12th by boxrec at welter.
          Now a days, if you aren't known by the western world, you are not proven to be good yet, even if the likes of Horn is actually rated 12th welter in Boxrec. He is just not known to be good yet. This is a false pretense. There is a rating system for a reason.

Before Pac became known to the world. He was only known in Asia, and when he got a shot for being a substitute opponent for Ledwaba. During that time He was an unknown, with no followings in the United States, but he took that fight, and literally shocked the world, and then on he was still a blip in the boxing world radar screen, then Pac had an opportunity to fight Barrera, when he was about to fight Barrera, people were criticizing him for being too ambitious for an unknown who has much to prove yet. Now the table has been turned. What if Horn is actually a real threat? When I watch Horn, he is definitely No Algieri. I do believe Horn is miles away better than Algieri. He's got power in his hands and has reasonable boxing skills and good fundamentals.

Horn is only popular in Australia since he is only seen fighting in their local television sets, just like Pacquiao was once only seen in Asia, and not in the western world.

We don't really know if Horn has the skills to dance with Pacquiao or not, but something tells me he is a force to be re-conned with. The guy is top 12 welter in the world according to boxrec. And is nicknamed Hornet for having stinging punches, That has to mean something. Watching Horn, I see he has great fundamentals and some Pop in his hands, although kinda slow compared to Pac's speed. He does know how to find those openings and throw combinations on his opponents.

Let no mistake, This is a tune-up fight for Pac. But in boxing, this unknowns can show up and shock the world just as Pacquiao did when he came and conquered Barrera by storm. Most people have shunned horns chances, just as the boxing world has shunned the chances of McGregor pulling an upset against Floyd.

Either way, I'm going to watch this fight being open minded. It could be a lopsided beating by Pac or Horn could be the real deal and give us our money's worth and put on a show as he gives Pac a hard time. Either way, I see pac winning this, but what I am still intrigued is to what fashion will this fight end? A challenging fight for Pacqiuao or a one sided beat down for Pac. Only way is to watch this fight unfold. Horn is still a true boxing contender. I'll be watching this fight knowing these are the only few fights left from a living legend like Pacquiao.

This won't be another Cris Algieri kind of beat down. Horn is no Algieri. I can give him that much.

Last edited by Spoon23; 06-24-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

paquiao

paquiaooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              Now a days, if you aren't known by the western world, you are not proven to be good yet, even if the likes of Horn is actually rated 12th welter in Boxrec. He is just not known to be good yet. This is a false pretense. There is a rating system for a reason.

Before Pac became known to the world. He was only known in Asia, and when he got a shot for being a substitute opponent for Ledwaba. During that time He was an unknown, with no followings in the United States, but he took that fight, and literally shocked the world, and then on he was still a blip in the boxing world radar screen, then Pac had an opportunity to fight Barrera, when he was about to fight Barrera, people were criticizing him for being too ambitious for an unknown who has much to prove yet. Now the table has been turned. What if Horn is actually a real threat? When I watch Horn, he is definitely No Algieri. I do believe Horn is miles away better than Algieri. He's got power in his hands and has reasonable boxing skills and good fundamentals.

Horn is only popular in Australia since he is only seen fighting in their local television sets, just like Pacquiao was once only seen in Asia, and not in the western world.

We don't really know if Horn has the skills to dance with Pacquiao or not, but something tells me he is a force to be re-conned with. The guy is top 12 welter in the world according to boxrec. And is nicknamed Hornet for having stinging punches, That has to mean something. Watching Horn, I see he has great fundamentals and some Pop in his hands, although kinda slow compared to Pac's speed. He does know how to find those openings and throw combinations on his opponents.

Let no mistake, This is a tune-up fight for Pac. But in boxing, this unknowns can show up and shock the world just as Pacquiao did when he came and conquered Barrera by storm. Most people have shunned horns chances, just as the boxing world has shunned the chances of McGregor pulling an upset against Floyd.

Either way, I'm going to watch this fight being open minded. It could be a lopsided beating by Pac or Horn could be the real deal and give us our money's worth and put on a show as he gives Pac a hard time. Either way, I see pac winning this, but what I am still intrigued is to what fashion will this fight end? A challenging fight for Pacqiuao or a one sided beat down for Pac. Only way is to watch this fight unfold. Horn is still a true boxing contender. I'll be watching this fight knowing these are the only few fights left from a living legend like Pacquiao.

This won't be another Cris Algieri kind of beat down. Horn is no Algieri. I can give him that much.

Oh god shut up. Horn sucks. Just look at the interest in this thread alone

Comment

Horn stops him late.

Comment

Is espn showing the fight live? At what time will it start est time?

Comment

I wonder who will do commentary for the Top Rank ESPN shows... Hopefully not Teddy Atlas

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      I wonder who will do commentary for the Top Rank ESPN shows... Hopefully not Teddy Atlas
                      Edit.. it will be Joe Tessitoŕe, Atlas, with Bradley as a guest
                      Last edited by Strategic1; 06-24-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X