Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long (realistically) till we see Tyson back in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    He could take a tune-up without necessarily getting back down to the shape he was in against Klitschko. Fury seems like a guy who needs a fight on his calendar to even get out of bed in the morning. I think he should schedule an eight or even six rounder ASAP against a journeyman like Airich or Love
    I think that's asking for a trouble. He is huge... Even when he loses 3-4 stones. He can get seriously injured - not by an opponent, but by just fighting in that shape.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Tyson is the guy that beat the guy 1st. He has a legit claim to being the HWT champ. IMO he appears unstable and you dont want to kill the fight by him losing.

Maybe before the end of the year put him in with a very easy fight to get him back and build interest. you have to be careful because he could mess things up given how unstable he appears.
      I see your point, but TBH I am not interested in AJ-Fury if Fury is not 100%. I want to see how AJ deals with Fury that fought Wlad. Making the fight just on a hype is not good for boxing IMO.

Comment

I said he was done but I think seeing AJ get worshiped as a god in the UK is going to get to him. I think he's going to be back this winter. The body starts to change in the late 20's/early 30's and, because he put his body through hell, I think he's going to find himself not able to get back to exactly where he was, pre-obesity. ******* use for months on end can fk up your heart a bit too.

So, I'm taking back what I said, I do think he's going to come back and I think it'll be fueled by jealousy of AJ stealing the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          I see your point, but TBH I am not interested in AJ-Fury if Fury is not 100%. I want to see how AJ deals with Fury that fought Wlad. Making the fight just on a hype is not good for boxing IMO.
          I get your point. I too want him to be at his best. I don't think Fury needs to prove himself in the ring. He did that beating wlad and, as i said, IMO he has a fair claim to the HWT championship.

I just don't know if he is stable enough in his recovery. The last shenanigans were very problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I said he was done but I think seeing AJ get worshiped as a god in the UK is going to get to him. I think he's going to be back this winter. The body starts to change in the late 20's and if you stay fit, you get get through it but he put himself through hell and I think he's going to find himself not able to get back to exactly where he was, pre-obesity. ******* use for months on end can fk up your heart a bit too.

So, I'm taking back what I said, I do think he's going to come back and I think it'll be fueled by jealousy of AJ stealing the spotlight.
            I don't think it's primarily AJ, I think it's more him figuring out that he is a loser without boxing.

I think he is a kind of guy who fuels on people writing him off. He will never be AJ and IMO he doesn't want to be.

He ballooned in a very short period, so that gives me a hope he can come back.

Comment

I think that's asking for a trouble. He is huge... Even when he loses 3-4 stones. He can get seriously injured - not by an opponent, but by just fighting in that shape.
              Eh, we've seen plenty of fat guys in the heavyweight division over the past decade or so. I think with an eight to ten week training camp he should be able to complete an eight round fight against a journeyman. And then hopefully use that as a launchpad to get back into proper shape like he was in before the lay-off

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                Fury is done,he was never anything special and will comeback a shell of that
                Your a ****ing idiot mate

Comment

A good 2 years...and UK fans all gullible with his tweets that have no relevance to dates

Comment

Comment

I don't think it's primarily AJ, I think it's more him figuring out that he is a loser without boxing.

I think he is a kind of guy who fuels on people writing him off. He will never be AJ and IMO he doesn't want to be.

He ballooned in a very short period, so that gives me a hope he can come back.
                      It doesn't have to be AJ, it can be anyone. What I'm saying is that he was the man a year ago and now he sees someone else in his spotlight as the world HW champ and the boxer that Britain is fixated on. I think that is a big motivator for him. He feels like he beat Wlad with no scares, why should be let someone who just struggled with the same opponent steal his spotlight.

Comment

Working...
                      X