No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Replay of Joshua-Klitschko Peaked at 890K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
    if you read the article it says hbo is in 8 million more homes than showtime..... So showtime is not supposed to beat hbo.... Hbo is in 30 million homes and showtime only 22 million!!! This was also a early saturday evening fight... People like to go out around that time on saturdays..... Also the nba playoff are going on!! So lets not forget all these facts... A lot of boxing fans on here are bashing showtime as if they lost something lol.... Showtime is in 8 million fewer home and still doing comparable ratings to hbo!!! Thats the big story here
    I don't get paid by either of the networks so I'm not going to say if one is greater than the other.. Based on your own admission HBO has more subscribers than Showtime then there should be a reason for that isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Or Fury v. Klitschko turned a lot of people off to heavyweight boxing. That was a horrible fight. Worse than May-Pac. But May-Pac gets blamed whenever PPV numbers are low. So why not blame Fury-Klitschko for these numbers?
      My dude, don't let ******ed inbred imbeciles guide how you analyze things.The notion that any previous fight turned people off is complete and utter BS. That's just Manny fans and Floyd haters doing their best to downplay the fight to claim some victory because Floyd beat Manny.

Manny's ratings have dropped because he didn't show up in the big fight. If Floyd were to come back and fight Manny, Thurman it would still be huge. Floyd/McGregor is the most talked about fight event in all of sports. Again, don't let the inbred imbeciles make you believe Floyd hurt the sport.

As for this fight, I think more people watched then have recently watched a wlad fight. Wlad/Fury had about 1.1 mil viewers if i recall. The total for this fight exceeds that if you add the network totals.

Wlad has been in garbage fights with unknown opponents for the last 7-9 years. However, his loss made him vulnerable, which probably meant people that didn't watch him previously decided to tune in. Joshua has developed a following because he has won in dominant fashion while showing some vulnerability.

Comment

****ITIS HBOLD IS IN 27% MORE HOMES THAN SHOWTIME!!! SO WHICH ****** SAID SHOWTIME WOULD BEAT THEM???? ONLY ******S LIKE YOU WHO ARE OBSESSED WITH HAYMON LMFAO..... HBO IS SUPPOSED TO DOMINATE SHOWTIME... IF SHOWTIME WAS IN MILLIONS OF MORE HOMES THAN HBO WE WOULD EXPECT SHOWTIME TO WIN EVERYTIME ALSO...... ONE AGAIN FACTS MATTER ****ITIS..... SHOWTIME IS IN 22 MILLION HOMES AND HBO IS IN 30 MILLION HOMES.... LEARN MATH
        Damn a rerun on a channel with only 8 million homes blows away the LIVE show on showtime. HBO may be going down but Showtimes investment in boxing isn't growing their audience. They are still 2nd fiddle. I guess that's why 8 million more people subscribe to HBO than showtime right jacob Shaw?

Comment

Originally posted by motorcity cobra View Post
          or fury v. Klitschko turned a lot of people off to heavyweight boxing. That was a horrible fight. Worse than may-pac. But may-pac gets blamed whenever ppv numbers are low. So why not blame fury-klitschko for these numbers?
          mayweather is black with a black promoter. They dont wine and dine the racist boxing media core... They are held to different standards by some sad racist people in boxing..... Ggg was never a ppv star so hbo just used may vs pac as an excuse to justify his ppv flops...... Manny vs vargas or canelo vs smith or khan were not ppv material either..... They all flopped so they needed an excuse and floyd mayweather is always used as a scapegoat for everything that is wrong with boxing.... This has been going on for a decade.....

Comment

No calculator needed, Wilder vs. Molina was equally watched on Showtime and that was a s hit fight! You're desperately avoiding that fact, you're desperately avoiding a 5 hour taped delay, and you're also desperately avoiding the fact that you're a fphucking ******! :gay:

again you ******ed immigrant americans dont sit at home on saturday evenings lmfao..... They are out enjoying life unlike you broke russians lmfao..... They come back home saturday night then watch tv idiot..... Also hbo is in 30 million homes! Showtime is in 22 million homes idiot... I know you russian/ukranians are not that smart but thats 8 million more homes for hbo.... If you cant do math just use a calculator and subtract 22 from 30.....
            Last edited by PoserExposer; 05-02-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tha_greatest View Post
              damn you mad, lol hbo got more viewers, lol, it wasnt my fault, lol now you so mad at hbo that youve reverted to insulting people than just debating or giving facts or opinions, lol, u mad, lol, showtime lost, lol, you will never change that , try as you may even though trying will make u madder, arguing against hbos victory over sho will cause you to call people *****es and f-gs and all the things you call them when hbo beats showtime, lol, you mad, lol
              hbo is in more homes so why would they not get more views?? Are you mentally slow or just high on crack? Thats like saying a bugatti is faster than a lambo hahahaha bugati has more horsepower so of course it will go faster ****** hahahahah.... Try again

Comment

but dude showtime promoted this fight for weeks! They promoted it on fox sports 1 during undisputed also! They promoted it on showtime during fights also! They put out dozens of videos promoting this on all of showtimes social media platforms.... Hbo is just not putting money into boxing like showtime does anymore.... Also dont forget hbo is in 30 million homes while showtime is only 22 million homes..... I dont have hbo so i dont know if they promoted it or not but showtime did a good job promoting this fight
                They were not allowed to promote it until they reached a deal with HBO on broadcast rights.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...o-u-s-tv-deall

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/4/11...o-tv-rights-us

They didn't settle until very late. I think this contributed to low numbers on each network. That said, the total was more than Wlad/Fury so I think that is a good thing.

Comment

HBO is in 8 million more homes, they will usually win, not hard to compute,

showtime is not supposed to be even be able to compete, the fact that they can, shows how much HBO has regressed

funny how showtime invested in AJ first, so they will get the other fights, aj vs fury, aj vs wilder, parker etc

which current HW does hbo have signed that they can showcase repeatedly, bare in mind parker fighting this weekend on sky sports NZ

HBO did not invest in the future of HW boxing, failed

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    damn a rerun on a channel with only 8 million homes blows away the live show on showtime. Hbo may be going down but showtimes investment in boxing isn't growing their audience. They are still 2nd fiddle. I guess that's why 8 million more people subscribe to hbo than showtime right jacob shaw?
                    um a live fight on saturday early evening dumbass..... This is not mexico where people stay home all day.... American like to spend money and go out on saturday.... Also with 8 million few homes that hbo showtime only last by barely 2 hundred thousand? Wow!! Hbo is dying.... Hbo should be doing 1.5 million in primetime at 10 pm.... What a sad joke hbold has become.... This is what happens when you let golden girl ****tions give you horrible mismatches like canela vs kirkland, angulo, smith khan hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan85 View Post
                      i don't get paid by either of the networks so i'm not going to say if one is greater than the other.. Based on your own admission hbo has more subscribers than showtime then there should be a reason for that isn't it?
                      they have more subscribers because showtime is not available everywhere..... Hbo is the older network and has a wider reach..... Showtime is only available in certain places for some reason.... Even with that logic and even with 8 million more sub hbo only beat showtime by only 200k viewers!!! The hbo fight was in primetime at 10 !! Showtime was early evening when people are out or eating dinner.... 8 million fewer homes is a big factor.....

Comment

Working...
                      X