Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir Klitschko a top ten ATG heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TMT Hassan View Post
    Just remember that him and husnain brother dominated heavyweight boxing whilst it was at its weakest. If he wasn't fight in the 80's or 90's, when heavyweight boxing got was strong. He may have just been a B+/A- fighter. I mean not taking any credit away from him, he said still great. BUT just saying.
    Prime Wlad with Emanuel in his corner would be an extremely hard man to beat for any HW in any era.

I think Wlad would win at least one of his last two fights if Emanuel was there with him. Maybe even both..

Comment

• Its an honour and priviledge to acknowledge wlad as a top ten atg heavyweight.
      He was dedicated to the cause. He came back from adversity when written off.
      He deserves top ten. Well done wlad. Enjoy retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by TMT Hassan View Post
        Just remember that him and his brother dominated heavyweight boxing whilst it was at its weakest. If he wasn't fight in the 80's or 90's, when heavyweight boxing got was strong. He may have just been a B+/A- fighter. I mean not taking any credit away from him, he said still great. BUT just saying.
        on the flip side, he dominated when the entire world participated, while heavyweights of the 80s dominated only 3/4 of the world. It is a common theme in boxing that the previous era was better than the current era.

Comment

• He is one of the best heavies ever, gools cannot see what he does in there. Esp Emmanuel Stewart improved him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
            His career is over or nearly over now.

What is your opinion? Yes or no?
            This has to be one of the worst and dumbest threads I've ever read on NSB.

If he is an all time great, then he clinched, held, fouled and cheated his way to greatness. He did not rule the division with an iron fist or in a dominating fashion as the greats of old.

I saw him struggle and lose by knockout against the likes of limited, over achieving opponents with very little chance of winning in the weakest era in the history of heavyweight boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              This has to be one of the worst and dumbest threads I've ever read on NSB.

If he is an all time great, then he clinched, held, fouled and cheated his way to greatness. He did not rule the division with an iron fist or in a dominating fashion as the greats of old.

I saw him struggle and lose by knockout against the likes of limited, over achieving opponents with very little chance of winning in the weakest era in the history of heavyweight boxing.
              Look at the poll result.

Thankfully, most people are not bigoted against people from the former Soviet republics.

Comment

• It wouldn't bother me for him to be considered top ten, but I'd probably have him in top 20 instead. Much respect for the man, though.

Comment

• 100% a top 20 ATG at heavy but I can't put him ahead of Ali, foreman, Holyfield, Lewis, Holmes, Louis, rocky, smokin joe, Dempsey and Johnson.

If I'm pushed for his ranking I'd say 14th best maybe 13th best all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
                    100% a top 20 ATG at heavy but I can't put him ahead of Ali, foreman, Holyfield, Lewis, Holmes, Louis, rocky, smokin joe, Dempsey and Johnson.

If I'm pushed for his ranking I'd say 14th best maybe 13th best all time.

Yeah, I've got him top 15 or top 20.

I know it's subjective but my Top 10 is:

1. Muhammad Ali
                    2. Joe Louis
                    3. Rocky Marciano
                    4. Jack Dempsey
                    5. George Foreman
                    6. Joe Frazier
                    7. Larry Holmes
                    8. Lennox Lewis
                    9. Evander Holyfield
                    10. Mike Tyson

Comment

• Hughie Fury: Wladimir Klitschko is a true legend!

Shannon Briggs: Wladimir Klitschko is one of the greatest heavyweights to ever live!

Comment

Working...
                      X