Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

isnt it funny that the people who thought golovkin got a gift...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He didn't get a gift, he got a favorable decision in a close fight. There would be no complaints if Jacobs name was announced.
    uhhh that would be a far more unfair decision.

in every measurable metric, Jacobs lost.

KD.

Ring generalship.

Shots landed.

Damage done(effective aggression).

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Yea, they were pretty certain Jacobs took it.

Interesting that those scrambling to defend GG's close win are also pissing all over themselves about Ward's close win.

I had Jacobs winning but I accept it as a GG victory. People who can't candle the fact that judges saw a close fight going in a different direction are just weak ass crybabies. I say that about those crying over Ward AND those crying over Golovkin. The decisions have been made, only the future lies ahead. I wish people devoted half this much emotion to a charitable or political cause.
      Great post foxx! Both were close fights that could have gone either way I had Jacobs and kovo wining close

Comment

Out of 600 people, the average had it for Jacobs. This confirms that GGG is the most hated fighter since Mayweather.

Comment

You're not going to get logic from haters, bro. Just more hate. Because the Jacobs fight was closer than expected, haters say Golovkin lost. If he had won by KO, they would say Jacobs wasn't an A fighter & fall back on the Ward thing. When Ward was talking all of that shit about Golovkin, Gennady said he lost all respect for him, because he was lying about negotiations for that fight. And guess what? Ward went quiet on the subject, saying he's not going to talk about it anymore. But the haters ignore that major point.

Comment

Same people crying that Ward got a gift are the same ones claiming GGG won fair and square.

You see how that works? That card can be played both ways.

Comment

This is the nature of boxing. If someone is hated on it won't matter who they fight or how they win, they can't win with certain fans. For the fan boys, their fighter can never lose in a close fight. It's inconceivable. I thought GGG and Kovalev narrowly won their fights with Jacobs and Ward. I like watching both fighters but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of either of them. I see flaws and some hype associated with them, but we are talking about two fights that were very close, so fans of Jacobs or Ward are going to see their guy as the winner along with GGG and Kovalev haters. This is nothing new.

The reality is, GGGs options are now very limited. Canelo will seek other options over the next two years...Lemieux, Saunders, and possibly Eubank Jr. GGG won't have any big money fights on the horizon so he will be forced into a rematch with Danny and a fight with Charlo. Tough road ahead for GGG, while the road for Canelo gets smoother and easier without ever having to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Same people crying that Ward got a gift are the same ones claiming GGG won fair and square.

You see how that works? That card can be played both ways.
                what scoring criteria did you have for jacobs winning?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  were the people who have been hating on him non stop for years. Im sure you were really objective when you watched the fight.

Jacobs got dropped and outlanded in 9 rounds, but 'compubox dont matter doe'. Pretty sure he got wobbled a couple of times too, but 'robbery doe' 'GGGift'

Jacobs made the fight awkward, sure. But just cause he was a tricky customer doesnt mean he won you ******s, you actually have to land solid shots.

Its funny, cause whenever ward kovalev gets mentioned as a gift, you all get on the defensive and say 'what about golovkin jacobs' as if the two fights were a mirror image of each other.

None of you wanted the fight when it came to the build up, were all playing it down. But youre now demanding he rematch jacobs, but you also compain saying his CV is thin? His CV's thin but you want him to fight someone hes already beat, which is what the vast majority of journalists agree with? what kind of ****ed up logic is that?

Rather than just use stupid slogans and your usual hating bull****, can some of you please talk me through the legitimate case you have got for jacobs winning? I want a proper analysis of the scoring criteria you used for jacobs to win the fight. Did he outland him, did he visibly hurt golovkin, did he look the boss in there, was he setting the pace and forcing the action?

And does visibly hurting someone repeatedly, dropping them, outlanding them for 9 rounds, pressing the action on the front foot, constitute a robbery?
                  How is that bad logic? When you have a more competitive fight than usual it is extremely common for there to be immediate calls for a rematch. Especially true if it's a better opponent than you usually fight, or if the decision is even a little debatable. Surely you could think of an endless list of examples that fit this.

Fans usually like seeing good, competitive fights. So when you are not usually in a competitive fight and you finally meet someone who can challenge you, fans usually ask to see it again.

You don't have to think Jacobs won to think this was a good fight that would be worth seeing again.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-27-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I disagree.

I watched the British Boxnation stream and ALL of the British dudes had Jacobs winning and so did I.

GGG's actually my favorite fighter, so I was depressed and turned off the stream because I thought he had lost and that would give Oscar and Canelo another excuse to avoid the fight. I was pleasantly surprised that he won the decision, but still think he might have lost in reality. It certainly felt that way when I watched it.

And I thought Ward/Kovalev was close enough that I would've been happy with any result.

But on another note, you mother****ers are obsessed with the so-called racism of Black boxing fans. I mean, get a grip.

Just imagine what life is like in the real world for us, FFS.

You mad about dudes criticizing GGG. I gotta get followed around CVS all the damn time. Like Srsly.

I gotta be scared everytime the police get behind me because I don't wanna end up as one of those dudes on the internet videos

Aint nobody trying to feel sorry for y'all asses. Oh boo-hoo
                    Last edited by The D3vil; 04-27-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      were the people who have been hating on him non stop for years. Im sure you were really objective when you watched the fight.

Jacobs got dropped and outlanded in 9 rounds, but 'compubox dont matter doe'. Pretty sure he got wobbled a couple of times too, but 'robbery doe' 'GGGift'

Jacobs made the fight awkward, sure. But just cause he was a tricky customer doesnt mean he won you ******s, you actually have to land solid shots.

Its funny, cause whenever ward kovalev gets mentioned as a gift, you all get on the defensive and say 'what about golovkin jacobs' as if the two fights were a mirror image of each other.

None of you wanted the fight when it came to the build up, were all playing it down. But youre now demanding he rematch jacobs, but you also compain saying his CV is thin? His CV's thin but you want him to fight someone hes already beat, which is what the vast majority of journalists agree with? what kind of ****ed up logic is that?

Rather than just use stupid slogans and your usual hating bull****, can some of you please talk me through the legitimate case you have got for jacobs winning? I want a proper analysis of the scoring criteria you used for jacobs to win the fight. Did he outland him, did he visibly hurt golovkin, did he look the boss in there, was he setting the pace and forcing the action?

And does visibly hurting someone repeatedly, dropping them, outlanding them for 9 rounds, pressing the action on the front foot, constitute a robbery?
                      "Well,the crowd booed the decision!" This might not be the lamest reason for Jacobs being the winner, but it's definitely top 5. smh

Comment

Working...
                      X