No announcement yet.

Name the best and worst boxing brothers combination in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name the best and worst boxing brothers combination in boxing history

After watching Jermell Charlo tonight. It got me thinking of the best and worst combos of boxing brothers in boxing history.

So there's a lot of brothers I'm sure you guys know of. Go ahead and name the best and worst boxing brothers combos in boxing.

Obviously one of the best we saw in action tonight. Jermall and Jermell Charlo

One of the worst would be Manny and Bobby Pacquiao

Comment

Mikey and Danny Garcia.

Seriously though,Vitali and Wlad have to be the greatest brother combo of all time. Dominating an entire division for years on end.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Mikey and Danny Garcia.

Seriously though,Vitali and Wlad have to be the greatest brother combo of all time. Dominating an entire division for years on end.

Absolutely, the Klitschko's come to mind as the best. What's one of the worst brother combos you've ever seen?

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
          Absolutely, the Klitschko's come to mind as the best. What's one of the worst brother combos you've ever seen?
          Tough because, you don't really great about the failures. At least one has to get some success before you know who they are.
          There's a lot of knowledgeable guys here though, I'm sure someone will come up with something.

Comment

Hard to name worst boxing brothers but if some well known ones that had a good and a bad boxer are Roger and Floyd Sr. (though Roger wasn't special either), Canelo's brothers, Pacquiao, Cotto, Chavez, Diaz, etc.

Comment

Easier for me to name a good fighter with a brother that wasn't good. Tommy Morrison had his moments but his brother Tim was just an opponent type. And not a very good one. Ray Leonard's brother Roger and Ali's brother Rahman never reached the top 50 as fighters.

Spinks, Klitschko's, Marquez's, Fullimer's, Charlo's better match what the op is looking for here. The Canizales brothers were the first to hold titles simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Tough because, you don't really great about the failures. At least one has to get some success before you know who they are.
                There's a lot of knowledgeable guys here though, I'm sure someone will come up with something.

In this case an unsuccessful brother combo would be where one brother is great but the other brother sucks.

Lol, there's a few of those combos that I've seen.

Comment

Yeah so an example of one of the best brother combos would be the Klitschko's, because both were successful.

An example of one of the worst brother combos would be Manny Pacquiao and Bobby Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Easier for me to name a good fighter with a brother that wasn't good. Tommy Morrison had his moments but his brother Tim was just an opponent type. And not a very good one. Ray Leonard's brother Roger and Ali's brother Rahman never reached the top 50 as fighters.

Spinks, Klitschko's, Marquez's, Fullimer's, Charlo's better match what the op is looking for here. The Canizales brothers were the first to hold titles simultaneously.
                    Yeah, you've got the right idea. One brother was good, but the other brother not being good, would qualify as an unsuccessful combo.

So anyone from the past to today. I picked the Charlo twins as a good combo because of what they've done so far up to this point. So anyone from the past up until today.
                    Last edited by The Time; 04-23-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X