Name the best and worst boxing brothers combination in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Best combination has to be the Klitschkos

The worst we will never know because they will have vanished from the annals of boxing history without a trace.

Other mentions that may have been missed:

Smith Brothers
    Chudinovs
    Judahs
    Kamedas

Awww fuckit, I'm too lazy to be taxing my braincells of a Sunday morning, look for yourselves...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_boxing_families

No actually when I mean worst it would be a case of one brother being good and the other brother being bad. Like for example Manny Pacquiao and Bobby Pacquiao

Whereas if you compare them to the Klitschko's, they are poor because the Klitschko's are both good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
      No actually when I mean worst it would be a case of one brother being good and the other brother being bad. Like for example Manny Pacquiao and Bobby Pacquiao

Whereas if you compare them to the Klitschko's, they are poor because the Klitschko's are both good.
      Ah right, yeah I misunderstood the question then. You could phrase it as the widest gap in ability between siblings who turned pro then I suppose...

Mmmm. Still I guess there's a good few really unsuccessful bros of stars we just ain't heard about, the Judah Bros spring to mind - Daniel and Joseph. Joseph aka Chris Crosby had a brief 9 fight run as a pro and went 6 - 3(1). Daniel looked fairly promising against journeyman and club fighters but his limitations became glaringly apparent when he stepped up a bit. He's still fighting but his record now stands at 24(11) - 11(5).

Comment

Callum 'Mundo' - a lot of folk think he may have the highest ceiling of the four. Hopefully we get to find out before too long.
        That's the one thanks... yeah I think he might be the best out of the four of them.

Comment

Ah right, yeah I misunderstood the question then. You could phrase it as the widest gap in ability between siblings who turned pro then I suppose...

Mmmm. Still I guess there's a good few really unsuccessful bros of stars we just ain't heard about, the Judah Bros spring to mind - Daniel and Joseph. Joseph aka Chris Crosby had a brief 9 fight run as a pro and went 6 - 3(1). Daniel looked fairly promising against journeyman and club fighters but his limitations became glaringly apparent when he stepped up a bit. He's still fighting but his record now stands at 24(11) - 11(5).

I'm not sure where I would put the Peterson brothers. They are somewhere in the middle. Not really good, but not bad either. Lamont and Anthony Peterson.

One of the worst brother combos I also have is Miguel Cotto and Jose Cotto

And Canelo Alvarez and all of his brothers
          Last edited by The Time; 04-23-2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Into the best list Juan Manuel Marquez and Rafael Marquez.

Canelo Alvarez and Inocente Alvarez, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Omar Chavez, can be considered for the worst list.

Comment

Originally posted by francisco0315 View Post
              Into the best list Juan Manuel Marquez and Rafael Marquez.

Canelo Alvarez and Inocente Alvarez, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Omar Chavez, can be considered for the worst list.

Absolutely, those are some good choices for best and worst boxing brother combos.

Comment

The Fullmer Brothers, Gene (55-6 Middleweight World Champ) , Don (54-20) contender, and Jay (20-5) were all pro boxers.
                This would be the wrong family to get on the bad side of.
                Gene was a tough man to deal with and has huge wins on his record.

Ray

Comment

The Quarry brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    The Fullmer Brothers, Gene (55-6 Middleweight World Champ) , Don (54-20) contender, and Jay (20-5) were all pro boxers.
                    This would be the wrong family to get on the bad side of.
                    Gene was a tough man to deal with and has huge wins on his record.

Ray

Now that's going way back. I definitely remember Gene Fullmer seeing film of him during the Sugar Ray Robinson era. I wasn't aware of his brothers. That's good to know about such a historical fighter. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I nominate the donaires as some of the worst!

Comment

Working...
                      X