Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do posters continue this myth Castillo was robbed with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post

full fight.SCORE IT ROUND BY ROUND PLEASE.....DO NOT POST YOUR OPINION IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SCORE THE FIGHT

ROUND 1-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND2-MAYWEATHER -10-9
    ROUND 3-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 4-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 5-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 6 CASTILLO-10-9
    ROUND 7 CASTILLO 10-9
    ROUND 8 MAYWEATHER-10-8
    ROUND 9 MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 10 9-9
    ROUND 11-CASTILLO 10-9
    ROUND 12 CASTILLO 10-9

MY FINAL SCORE 115-111 MAYWEATHER
    You can give the 5th to Castillo and have the 3rd a draw and Floyd would still win 114 113. Castillo took too long to realize that Floyd's injured lead hand had no power and that he can just walk through Floyd's jab and check hook, also his size and stength advantage helped him as the fight progressed.

Castillo always had a sneaky short left hook that he never telegraphs, he hurt a lot of fighters with that punch and it's been an extremely tough punch to time, with fighters like this Floyd's defense against that would be to hold the phone with the right to protect against that hook to the body and head and to use his lead hand mainly since the right had to stay home for defense, so even though it was his left hand that was injured he was still using it because he couldn't afford risking getting hit with the left hook. That's why Castillo, along with Dela Hoya and Cotto gave Floyd tough fights, Ali had the same weakness and Ray Leonard too, a quick untelegraphed sneaky hook to the body or head is key against these fighters. A good jab and the ability to pivot while moving forward are the other ingredients to beat the Mayweather style, Roy Jones made easy work out of James Toney this way.

Comment

you simply can't lose a fight when you throw and land more punches unless you get dropped, or you fighting a hard puncher which Castillo never got dropped and Mayweather is not a hard puncher come on now...

Comment

why do blacks continue to perpertrate this myth that that fight was not a robbery?

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
          why do blacks continue to perpertrate this myth that that fight was not a robbery?
          They can't handle the truth.

Comment

Castillo beat floyd. I gave floyd 5 rounds at best.

Comment

I gotta be honest Castillo was missing more then he was connecting
              He probably was, but was Floyd doing enough scoring of his own to make up for the shots Castillo did land? Was it a clear advantage? Anyway, I haven't watched it in years, so I'm not gonna contest your recent viewing too stridently. I'll score it again if I can psyche myself up for a lackluster 12 round fight from a decade ago.

Comment

sigh.... Larry's obsession is really pathetic. Castillo won, but Mayweather got the decision. Not big deal anymore. Please move on and focus on your future fighter of decade.

Comment

Why do people keep making Floyd threads? He's retired. Jesus Christ

Comment

larry is trying very hard to portray himself as a boxing fan but if you look at his posts he really is only a fan of black fighters!

he's not the only one doe, i'd say 95% of 'em!

Comment

No i am just exposing casuals..
                      oh yeah youve really exposed everyone. someone posted castillo outlanding him in power punches (by far), total punches (by far) and having a better connect rate. HBO had castillo up 115-111. Your hero should have had a loss on his record, deal with it. 48-1.

Comment

Working...
                      X