Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was joe calzaghes greatest win....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i along with thousands of others thought he lost against an aged hopkins. so i can't say that was his greatest moment nore performance. roy was shot to complete **** and after that fight got ko'd against danny green.

obviously it's kessler. greatest win hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      Undoubtedly one of the greatest fighters of the modern era, joe calzaghe amassed an exceptional 46-0 record and served as the longest-reigning super-middleweight world champion in boxing history.
      With many memorable nights, which do you think was his greatest nights work? Was it beating the undefeated knockout kid jeff lacy, the win over the then unbeaten,prime mikkel kessler, or the convincing wins over former p4p king roy jones jr and middleweight legend bernard hopkins in america? Or was there another win your preferred?
      I loved the Eubank win which put him on the map, but for me, the Kessler win was his best. Jones and Hopkins were past it but Kessler was prime and unbeaten when Joe fought him. Loved the fight, the event and both of their performances. That was a great night for boxing.

Comment

1. Kessler
        2. Eubank
        3. I guess Hopkins even though Hopkins was way over the hill.

Those are literally his only 3 notable wins. RJJ was not a top 100 P4P fighter when they fought.

Comment

It wasn't Kessler. It wasn't Hopkins or RJJ (they were past their best by then). It is and will always be the great Chris Eubank.

Comment

Kessler. Kessler was damn good at that point but no matter how hard he fought, Joe was just a step ahead of him. Really good win.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              It wasn't Kessler. It wasn't Hopkins or RJJ (they were past their best by then). It is and will always be the great Chris Eubank.
              yeah that was a great win too.

Comment

Manfredo. I'll never forget that 42 slap combo of misses that ended the fight.

Comment

I saw a post earlier of can anyone say they want to sit down and watch Calzaghe fights and enjoy them.

You can actually say that about a number of boxers. I doubt years from now people are going to debate on which 12 round UD fight of Mayweather's they want to watch. Occasionally he was in a good fight, like Cotto. But for the most part people aren't going to be thrilled to sit down and watch too many Mayweather fights, Hopkins fights, Ward fights, etc....
                  Last edited by The Time; 04-22-2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    It has to be between Hopkins or Kessler for his greatest win, with Lacy as his best performance.

Although Eubank still had a lot left in the tank, he was faded and had awful preparation.

Comment

IMO, Kessler

Comment

Working...
                      X