Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is more likely to be remembered 20 years from now? A guy who retired undefeted mu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    We know why it didn't happen. We know why the berto/Mosley fight got delayed. If you forget, then you forget.

I am an adult. I understand not everyone likes Floyd. My only problem is the constant backtracking aand revisionist history when Floyd wins a fight posters said he wouldn't.
    I thought you were going to tell me all the sht I was talking in the lead-up to Mayweather-Mosley where I supposedly denigrated Mayweather and hyped Mosley. I didn't ask why Berto-Mosley didn't happen I know it's because there was a natural disaster in Haiti where Berto lost family, what I asked is why Mayweather-Mosley didn't happen straight away. So lets go over it again.

1.Sht I talked and who I picked to win (I'm curious of this one) Mayweather-Mosley.
    2.Why didn't Mayweather-Mosley happen right after Margarito.

Comment

• I think people will remember who is the 2009 FIGHTER OF THE DECADE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        I thought you were going to tell me all the sht I was talking in the lead-up to Mayweather-Mosley where I supposedly denigrated Mayweather and hyped Mosley. I didn't ask why Berto-Mosley didn't happen I know it's because there was a natural disaster in Haiti where Berto lost family, what I asked is why Mayweather-Mosley didn't happen straight away. So lets go over it again.

1.Sht I talked and who I picked to win (I'm curious of this one) Mayweather-Mosley.
        2.Why didn't Mayweather-Mosley happen right after Margarito.
        1. where did I post that? I already made the point about how we view the shane fight. The revisionism is my issue.

2. floyd was "retired" when shane beat margs. He came back in Sept 09 to fight jmm. fought Mosley in May 2010 after the Jan 10 berto/mosley fight was postponed.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          ****ing casual....lol
          If you think floyd won that fight then that tells me all I need to know about your boxing knowledge and lack of ability to bypass your bias, you should also have realised I meant Castillo, but you didn't even pick that up nuffy, so who is the casual ****head, there is your bottle to suck on
          Last edited by Shape up; 04-18-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            I think people will remember who is the 2009 FIGHTER OF THE DECADE.
            oh yea...thats right, the guy who never beat Marquez clearly once and lost to a past prime erik morales in the decade.......

the guy whose trainer received undeserved accolades as well....trainer of the year but lost most his big fights that year...it was 2015 and i think 2012

."save your pity for the weak!!"

that award was just as pitiful as ronda rousey getting fighting of the year when mayweather had beat Manny that same year

anyone with a brain know these accolades are popularity contests to many outlets.

Comment

• Let's look at the background to floyd, called pacquaio a drug cheat, was taken to court, as soon as the judge agreed to floyds drug test results being admissible floyd paid a mountain of money to pacquaio to settle, then has a dubious IV right before their fight, only fights in Vegas because that's the only place on earth that allows him to inject his hands, refuses to come out and fight maidana until he changes his gloves from horse hair to pillows, come in heavy against Marquez to get a distinct advantage, have you guys all forgotten all of this

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                oh yea...thats right, the guy who never beat Marquez clearly once and lost to a past prime erik morales in the decade.......

the guy whose trainer received undeserved accolades as well....trainer of the year but lost most his big fights that year...it was 2015 and i think 2012

that award was just as pitiful as ronda rousey getting fighting of the year when mayweather had beat Manny that same year

anyone with a brain know these accolades are popularity contests to many outlets.
                hahhaha butt hurt much? Don't worry floyd is proclaiming himself as the TBE.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Knock him all you want, but he was voted fighter of the decade.

In that decade Pac fought more fights, fought and beat 3 ATG's, and fought through more weight classes than Floyd. Meanwhile, after a great first half of the decade, Floyd coasted through some decent wins and a 2 year "retirement" while his weightclass was stacked. In other words, Pac provided more of what the people wanted than Floyd and he was rewarded for it.

For someone whos trying to play like that award means nothing, you sure seem emotional about it.

Comment

• I hope floyd can be a fighter of the decade this 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post

Morales and Barrera were not prime, they had like 60 and 50 plus fights respectively and had been in many wars."

Pacquiao is fighting guys like Jeff Horn and Chris Algeiri yet you want to criticize Floyd for fighting Berto? When Berto has accomplished more than either of those guys?
                      Come on son... just stop.
                      Barera was prime when PAC beast him. That version of barera was just about AS good as barera ever was. Having wars dfont make you poast prime. It means your experienced a d ready for anything in future fights. Which barera was against PAC. That version of barera is better than anyonee Floyd ever fought anyway.

How many fights had PAC had when Floyd beat PAC?
                      PAC had been koed 2 fights prior sand was gun shy when he fought Floyd. Was SSM prime when Floyd beast him? Was dlh?

You can nit pick PACs career. But after you've done that, PAC is still greater than Floyd. He's more memorable. More exciting fights, trilogiues. You name it, PACs given you it.
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 04-19-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X