Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter on Kovalev: Can't Drink Vodka Every Year and Beat Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hunter on Kovalev: Can't Drink Vodka Every Year and Beat Ward!

Virgil Hunter, trainer of Andre "SOG" Ward (31-0, 15 KOs), has advised Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs) to stop drinking vodka on a regular basis if he plans to have any chance of beating the Olympic gold medal winner in their upcoming rematch. Last November in Las Vegas, Ward was knocked down in the second round, but recovered to win a twelve round unanimous decision to capture Kovalev's WBA, WBO, IBF light heavyweight titles at the T-Mobile Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

damn, Kov lost in a 12 rd fight and lost against 12 step program

Comment

Now that I know Kovalev drinks my favorite drink, he found a new fan!

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        damn, Kov lost in a 12 rd fight and lost against 12 step program
        Funny enough you may not be a million miles off the mark, though I seriously doubt he's been able to function at the top level for as long as he has if he's a major problem drinker. I remember an interview from way back when - maybe 2013 or 14 when Kovalev mentions he's gonna give up drinking or somesuch - which does kinda presuppose he identified it as a potential issue - I mean, why mention it otherwise?

Comment

The huge majoroity already thought Kovalev clearly dominated and won the first fight.. Virgil himself implies if Kovalev wouldnt be partying he would absolutely demolish Ward then. He probably doesnt even realize that.

Comment

vodka drinking, excuse making, bear hugging punk. ward gonna drop this fool. now we know hes drunk with those twitter threats because in wards face he shrinks like a coward.

Comment

lol! Virgil is doing the trash talking for Ward. Now we are going to wait for Kitty Kov to get drunk so we can get more trash talk lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                The huge majoroity already thought Kovalev clearly dominated and won the first fight.. Virgil himself implies if Kovalev wouldnt be partying he would absolutely demolish Ward then. He probably doesnt even realize that.
                Yeah, the vast majority of haters. Anyone who claims either guy "clearly dominated" is obviously super biased.

Comment

I'm not a fan of this type of jabbing from Virgil, but I guess he always says stuff like this. Great trainer, but needs to show more class. Ward is the better fighter, no need for this. Alcoholism plagues many

Comment

lol, kova wouldn't be the first boxer with vices outside of the ring, who gives a fuck? wasn't valero a coke head? and still a monster in the ring. that has nothing to do, if they train the way they are supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                    X