No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Ward, Kovalev - Go Face To Face in Rematch Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
    when you guys state things like this I wonder if you are joking.
    Ward didn't win chit.
    He didn't lose that much is certain!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Also, one of the more underrated aspects of Kov is his timing and feints. He's not fast by any stretch, though neither is he slow, but it's his timing, jab and feints that really played a big part in the first fight.

Great stuff. If Ward can get around those things and nullify them a bit more than he did initially, then he'll win it easily, but if Kov can impose those same aspects of his game again or even a little more this time around, who knows what will happen.
      I disagree I think he has good underrated handspeed, it's just that he fights at a slow pace.

Comment

Kovalev looks shook.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Kovalev looks shook.
          And a little overweight, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            And a little overweight, too.
            We're all PT's here, If he was like Fury I'd see your point.
            Nothing wrong with fighters gaining a bit of weight during a rest period, to be honest, I think remaining constantly training like most of the boxers do during their training camps for a fight, that would be more dangerous than anything.

Comment

Kill him this time kov!

Comment

Noticed now it's Ward-Kovalev, not Kovalev-Ward, due to him getting the decision the first go a round.

Comment

Noticed now it's Ward-Kovalev, not Kovalev-Ward, due to him getting the decision the first go a round, and the negotiations probably have it that way. Minor note.

Comment

People don't be suprised if ward wins by unanimous decision this time around. I bet he even rocks kryer a couple of times. Ward is a master of adjustments and he know kryer only has one style. I don't want people arguing that he does because in the first fight he never changed. Once kryer realized he couldn't put ward away in the second round with one punch, he never let his hand go and only threw 1-2 combinations every now and then. Ward wins and still....

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
                      We're all PT's here, If he was like Fury I'd see your point.
                      Nothing wrong with fighters gaining a bit of weight during a rest period, to be honest, I think remaining constantly training like most of the boxers do during their training camps for a fight, that would be more dangerous than anything.
                      Right, but Kovalev had never looked overweight between fights before. Just noticing. Anyhow he's now saying that he "overtrained" for the first Ward fight. Let's hope he does not give us some bad surprise at the official weigh-in...

Comment

Working...
                      X