No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Ward, Kovalev - Go Face To Face in Rematch Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
    KKKOVALEV THE WEIGHT BULLY WALKING AROUND 200 POUNDS.... BUT HE ISNT BLACK SO THE WEIGHT BULL TERM WONT APPLY OBVIOUSLY.....
    Canelo and Chavez jr were labelled weight bullies many times and guess what? they are not black.

Kovalev fight night weight is 10-15 pounds above the weigh in weight, like most LHWs...

Don't be so insecure son. Not everyone's a racist like you.

Comment

Ward ain't beat no ass . His ass is now in the ringer and won't win nothing but git KO'd

Comment

he slaps like a woman but grapple like KingKong :v

Comment

Originally posted by _maxi View Post
          canelo and chavez jr were labelled weight bullies many times and guess what? They are not black.

Kovalev fight night weight is 10-15 pounds above the weigh in weight, like most lhws...

Don't be so insecure son. Not everyone's a racist like you.
          canelo or maidana were never called weight bullies against floyd... Russians are just cry babies and cant win or lose without excuses....

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Ward's gonna beat that ass again!
            when you guys state things like this I wonder if you are joking.
            Ward didn't win chit.

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
              he slaps like a woman but grapple like KingKong :v
              LOL!!!! Green K sent!

Comment

Surprised son of judges didnt flaunt the gifts he got

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                  Ward looking chill and relaxed because he's already seen Kovalev's best effort.

Comment

Kov is huge and I think that played/plays a much bigger part than a lot of people realise. He's a massive LHW, and I definitely see a move to CW in the near future, especially if he loses this rematch.

It also makes me think that LHW is the very highest Ward could go. He never even seemed on the bigger side for a 168er and the size difference surprised me.

Comment

Also, one of the more underrated aspects of Kov is his timing and feints. He's not fast by any stretch, though neither is he slow, but it's his timing, jab and feints that really played a big part in the first fight.

Great stuff. If Ward can get around those things and nullify them a bit more than he did initially, then he'll win it easily, but if Kov can impose those same aspects of his game again or even a little more this time around, who knows what will happen.

If you watch the first three rounds, Kov had his feints going very strong and used them a lot. Just simple jab feints mostly, but they were incredibly effective and had Ward reacting and tentative all through those rounds. After the KD's, or maybe as he got a little more tired, he just stopped using them as much and Ward was then able to take advantage and get back into it. I think that could win Kov the fight if he's a little more consistent with it throughout the whole fight.
                      Last edited by BennyST; 04-10-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X