Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 160 the best division in boxing right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
    Now you're acting like a ******. Who has who beaten can be said about anyone in any weight class using your dumb logic.
    If you go through these other weight divisions and do that you'll see they have beaten legitimate opposition and earned their rankings.

How can they be ranked #3, #5 or whatever if they've not beaten an opponent in say the top 10? Its because someone has to be ranked there, right? Not because they deserve to be there.

Lee - Has one win in 3 years vs a guy not even in the top 100.
    Who has LeMule beaten?
    Derevyanchenko top 10, bordering top 5 for what? Beating a 43yr old journeyman who couldn't walk to the ring unaided? I mean that gets you a top 10 ranking these days?
    Beating journeymen at the very tale end of their careers in Vera (lost 5 of last 7) & Rosado (7 of 9) gets you a top 10 spot?

The division has no depth.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      They're already adding in Charlo even though he has 0 fights there

Desperate much?

is it not a fact the santioning bodies and WBC ranked Charlo?

I mean we are discussing facts here.

you females love to sway with your emotional turmoil.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        If you go through these other weight divisions and do that you'll see they have beaten legitimate opposition and earned their rankings.

How can they be ranked #3, #5 or whatever if they've not beaten an opponent in say the top 10? Its because someone has to be ranked there, right? Not because they deserve to be there.

Lee - Has one win in 3 years vs a guy not even in the top 100.
        Who has LeMule beaten?
        Derevyanchenko top 10, bordering top 5 for what? Beating a 43yr old journeyman who couldn't walk to the ring unaided? I mean that gets you a top 10 ranking these days?
        Beating journeymen at the very tale end of their careers in Vera (lost 5 of last 7) & Rosado (7 of 9) gets you a top 10 spot?

The division has no depth.

this could easily said about LHW.

Bernard Hopkins is still top 10 there. a 50 yr old man. oldest man in boxing history to compete at this level. this alone discredits the entire division. Which division is so garbage that a 50 yr old can be top 10?

who has beterbiev beat?

the man Kovalev at LHW, his best wins are over the 50 yr old and that bum jean pascal. he arguably lost to that bum darnell boone

what the hell is Stevenson even doing? he got KOed by that bum Darnell Boone too

Ward got a gift decision against Kovalev who beat a 50 yr old and Jean Pascal.

So by your logic, MW > LHW

What other divisions are stronger? SMW? WIth Jack and Degale at the helm? SD wins and draws with bums is the way to go at SMW Jack got his ass KOed by a complete bum. Degale got his head boxed off against that can Groves then got his teeth knocked out by Jack n got a gift draw
        Last edited by HeadShots; 04-03-2017, 02:34 AM.

Comment

GGG
          Canelo
          Lemiuex
          Jacobs
          BJS
          Charlo

thats not bad ,i will wait for Charlo debut in 160 ,Canelo is good and proved it allready.avarage devision as a whole ,top 5 is quite good doe.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            this could easily said about LHW.

Bernard Hopkins is still top 10 there. a 50 yr old man. oldest man in boxing history to compete at this level. this alone discredits the entire division. Which division is so garbage that a 50 yr old can be top 10?

who has beterbiev beat?

the man Kovalev at LHW, his best wins are over the 50 yr old and that bum jean pascal. he arguably lost to that bum darnell boone

what the hell is Stevenson even doing? he got KOed by that bum Darnell Boone too

Ward got a gift decision against Kovalev who beat a 50 yr old and Jean Pascal.

So by your logic, MW > LHW

What other divisions are stronger? SMW? WIth Jack and Degale at the helm? SD wins and draws with bums is the way to go at SMW Jack got his ass KOed by a complete bum. Degale got his head boxed off against that can Groves then got his teeth knocked out by Jack n got a gift draw

All those have legitimate wins though and many wins over top 5 opposition. These MWs that you are using to try and boost GGGs credibility don't & none of these guys are a patch on even a 60yr old B-Hop let alone a 50yr old one, or a 'bum' in Pascal who has a better win in a prime, undefeated Dawson than anybody at MW has in years and yes absolutely I'm saying Dawson at that time was better than Jacobs.

You's have done this for years, did it with Curtis Stevens made out he was this absolute animal, Martin ''always the bridesmaid'' Murray & so on.

SMW is way stronger its why G is afraid to move up there. You can talk it down, talk Groves down but he still beat the absolute **** out of Murray who was supposed to be so great according to you lot, so did a shot to absolute pieces Abraham who in fact had a harder time with a damn commentator.

Literally every division lol, straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              p4p

Jacobs is better than Pascal and 50 yr old Hopkins. There's a current P4P fighter whose best wins are over those 2. P4P Jacobs is better than Jack and Degale.
              Kovalev's resume was pretty crap. This Ward legitimatized him IMO.

Jacobs is not better than DeGale... Than Jack, maybe.

Comment

Meh. I could go through the divisions and every fighter in every top 10 ten and either big then up or trash them depending on preference or the point I was trying to make. But I can't be arsed. In reality it's probably much of a sameness but probably skewed a bit in our perceptions based on how much exposure and hype we've been exposed to regarding the top guys in the divisions (and how we've chosen to respond to that).

Comment

Mw is still a weak division imo.

Comment

It definitely is and you know who will duck the **** out of those guys.

Comment

wasn't eubanks last fight at 168? is he even a me anymore? besides...hes not all that

160 has Jacobs and golovkin...and charlo could be nice too...but other than that its weak....Lemieux is not good...beating glen tapia and Curtis stevens is not anything to write home about...too many want 160 to be good...its sad..i saw a moderator on another board write like a 80k word essay last year about how the MW division was actually good...it was sad to see

Comment

Working...
                      X