Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 160 the best division in boxing right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got all these C level fighters and people will make out they're good because they're still undefeated or something. Then they'll lose to a terrible up and comer and then people will start rating that guy ridiculously high.

''Oh he's top 10'' well somebody has to be.

People call Chavez Jr a bum but they'll soon big up Lee to suit their agenda, a guy who a raw Chavez Jr smashed too pieces. Do people really believe he's suddenly world class? No, the division just has no depth he's still the same Euro level operator he always was.

David LeMule a top 3 fighter, Lee top 5, Dominic Wade top 10? The division is shocking.
    I actually can't think of a weaker division.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      160 is one of the best divisions right now. Maybe not the best.

But you will find people don't really keep up to date with this stuff.

People were still raving about how deep and amazing 168 was long after the supersix bunch were all gone and it was badou jack types.

By the time people realize how good 160 is it probably won't be good anymore.

I think boxing fans tend to be afraid to say the wrong thing.
      160 is far better than 168 now.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        You've got all these C level fighters and people will make out they're good because they're still undefeated or something. Then they'll lose to a terrible up and comer and then people will start rating that guy ridiculously high.

''Oh he's top 10'' well somebody has to be.

People call Chavez Jr a bum but they'll soon big up Lee to suit their agenda, a guy who a raw Chavez Jr smashed too pieces. Do people really believe he's suddenly world class? No, the division just has no depth he's still the same Euro level operator he always was.

David LeMule a top 3 fighter, Lee top 5, Dominic Wade top 10? The division is shocking.
        I actually can't think of a weaker division.

tard post.

who has andy lee in their top 5?

GGG
        Canelo
        Lemiuex
        Jacobs
        BJS
        Charlo

???

what's wrong with Lemiuex? since 23, Lemiuex's only lost to GGG. Lemieux is also possibly the hardest puncher in boxing P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          tard post.

who has andy lee in their top 5?

GGG
          Canelo
          Lemiuex
          Jacobs
          BJS

???

what's wrong with Lemiuex? since 23, Lemiuex's only lost to GGG. possibly the hardest punchers in boxing P4P.

I don't count Canelo as a Middleweight given all the bogus catchweights he fights at.

Since 23 lol even still he's only lost once 'since 23' because the division is terrible and he's fought nobody!
          Or are you going to tell me that Curtis Stevens and N'Dam who just got absolutely tooled by an amateur are killers?

He can punch alright but that is all you can say about him.
          Who has BJS beaten? A split decision against a guy with about 15 fights at domestic level and non stop life & death affairs vs just about every gatekeeper he faces? That is a top 5 fighter?

Comment

Who has Jacobs beaten even? Quillin? A guy on even terms with Andy Lee and was quite literally on the verge of being stopped vs Gabe friggin' Rosado?

Jacobs & GGG are the best there but I'm sorry the division is an absolute joke and shockingly it just gets worse. You have 1 guy who has a very good yet debatable win and that is it, the rest are just evenly matched C level types posing at world level.

Comment

One of the weakest. Speaks volumes when a 42yr old Sam Soliman, a methed up 40yr old shot Jermain Taylor, Daniel Geale and a whole heap of other in truth domestic level fighters winning world titles.

You've got GGG & Jacobs and that is it.
              Saunders is talented...for all of 3 rounds. Eubank Jr? Novice that can't even throw a straight punch & hasn't beaten anybody in the top what, 40? 50? 100?

The division is whack.
              One thing I don't like about Eubank Jr is that he's so off balanced. He's very athletic, but wild and off balanced. He fights like a cross of Fortuna and Pascal. He was lucky he has only fought mediocre Saunders, if Eubank Jr faces a good counterpuncher with good power, he's going down. He's wild as hell but he hasn't fought anyone of note in 3 years so no one's gonna exploit his off balance punching. He gets away with his mistakes because he's fighting euro level dudes in the UK.

Comment

I don't count Canelo as a Middleweight given all the bogus catchweights he fights at.

Since 23 lol even still he's only lost once 'since 23' because the division is terrible and he's fought nobody!
                Or are you going to tell me that Curtis Stevens and N'Dam who just got absolutely tooled by an amateur are killers?

He can punch alright but that is all you can say about him.
                Who has BJS beaten? A split decision against a guy with about 15 fights at domestic level and non stop life & death affairs vs just about every gatekeeper he faces? That is a top 5 fighter?
                They're already adding in Charlo even though he has 0 fights there

Desperate much?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  One thing I don't like about Eubank Jr is that he's so off balanced. He's very athletic, but wild and off balanced. He fights like a cross of Fortuna and Pascal. He was lucky he has only fought mediocre Saunders, if Eubank Jr faces a good counterpuncher with good power, he's going down. He's wild as hell but he hasn't fought anyone of note in 3 years so no one's gonna exploit his off balance punching. He gets away with his mistakes because he's fighting euro level dudes in the UK.

I love how he throws himself off balance then starts showboating to try masque it

He has some good qualities tbf too him and I did think he was improving up until his last fight at least now I'm not so sure. I think his stamina and work ethic are superb but like you said his balance is a mess and he throws that uppercut with hideous technique and predictability. Whilst he hasn't fought anybody I'm actually a bit surprised he hasn't hit the deck at least as he leaves himself brutally open for counters. I cringe watching him at times.

Comment

Who has Jacobs beaten even? Quillin? A guy on even terms with Andy Lee and was quite literally on the verge of being stopped vs Gabe friggin' Rosado?

Jacobs & GGG are the best there but I'm sorry the division is an absolute joke and shockingly it just gets worse. You have 1 guy who has a very good yet debatable win and that is it, the rest are just evenly matched C level types posing at world level.
                    Now you're acting like a ******. Who has who beaten can be said about anyone in any weight class using your dumb logic.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      They're already adding in Charlo even though he has 0 fights there

Desperate much?
                      I look at a fighters skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X