Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondaeux turning down the Lomachenko fight came back to haunt him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    let me try this again.....people dont make 100 hate threads about the cuban because the cuban doesnt have hundred of fanboys living vicariously through him.
    Normal fans are not bothered by other fans propping up their fighters. You can prop up your fighter all you want till you're blue in the face and I won't give a **** about it. It's so childish.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      Normal fans are not bothered by other fans propping up their fighters. You can prop up your fighter all you want till you're blue in the face and I won't give a **** about it. It's so childish.
      theres a difference between a fan and a fanboy....you should look into that. and if i propped up a guy you dont like you would give a ****...lol...thats the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        probably because people dont go around claiming rigo is the greatest ever that could beat every fighter in history...on a daily basis. you also dont have people registering names like "rigo unbeatable" and such....
        Yeah sure man. Legions of people just saying Golovkin is an ATG. There's like 2 or 3 of 'em and they're probably ******s or trolls. Sure keeping you busy tho, ain't they?

I dunno why no one seems to give a fuck about Rigo, cos he's undeniably an elite talent, but there you go. It is what it is. Why don't you go start a Rigo appreciation thread? Hatin's easy man, but it ain't good for the soul - showing some enthusiasm and appreciation of the sport might even make you feel good.

Comment

This is the most satisfying course for Rigo's career. When he turned down the Loma fight, I forgot him.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Yeah sure man. Legions of people just saying Golovkin is an ATG. There's like 2 or 3 of 'em and they're probably ******s or trolls. Sure keeping you busy tho, ain't they?

I dunno why no one seems to give a fuck about Rigo, cos he's undeniably an elite talent, but there you go. It is what it is. Why don't you go start a Rigo appreciation thread? Hatin's easy man, but it ain't good for the soul - showing some enthusiasm and appreciation of the sport might even make you feel good.
            theres more than 3 of em....but it dont really bother me. but i do appreciate the sport. i love it. thats what is annoying about the over enthusiastic golovkin fans. they dont love the sport or appreciate it. they are looking for a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              I haven't seen anyone making 100 hate threads on the Cuban everyday. Most people are really normal, if you think about it. There's this one group, which you're obviously a member of, that drives this hate, which I don't even understand because the guy they're hating on is not some boring, running, clinching fighter that's alienating fans away from the sport.
              I don't understand the hate either. Boring fighters get more appreciation than the ones that attract more fans. And if all fighters are of the Rigo, Lara types, this sport is dead.

Just shows this hate group is in the minority armed with alt factories starting hundreds of hate threads everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by curt henning View Post
                this reminds me alot of a guy called 3xg. Known to reasonable men as "little g". He did the same kind of stuff. Claimed to be p4p. Claimed to be avoided. Then gods son returned. Jesus. And little g tucked his meat d****s in and said "man i really wanna unify". His legacy and career will forever suffer

but thats all ok cause golovkin look caucasian right? And rigo looks like he could be slave right?
                ^^^^facts^^^^

Comment

people seem to forget that ...

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  When the all too talented Rigo kept on roaring to the world how he was the most avoided fighter in the 122-126 division, he was on the top 6 p4p list. Then came a guy who called his bluff (Vasyl Lomachenko)

After all his demands we're met, and was just waiting on him for confirmation so that the fight can happen, he turned it down. Why TF would you turn down a career turning fight against a fellow Olympic Gold medalist which gives you a huge amount of money?

And now that he is aging, his career is going down hill, and the guy called out his bluff, is now in 130. It's just logical to blame the guy who turned down the fight, and nnow he is crying why can't get a big fight.
                  Rigondeaux was already fighting over his head at 122lbs as a professional; the man fought at the top amateur level at a day-of weight of 119lbs since he was 20 years old through the end of his run in 2007.

Vasyl Lomachenko fought as an amateur as high as 132lbs.

Rigondeaux and his camp realized what the size difference was (with comparable ability, size became the key limit), couldn't get Lomachenko down to a size that made sense, and move on. To be blunt, they didn't expect that the move would lead to Rigondeaux being blackballed by HBO.

Now, with some interest in Rigondeaux back in the fold (thanks to Roc Nation), Rigo and his camp have the opportunity to be road warriors; no idea who ends up with the Rigo-Flores fight, but if it's Showtime and he puts on a good performance, he may have action.

Rey Vargas has the WBC 122lb belt, and Yukinori Oguni has the IBF 122lb belt (Top Rank has the WBO belt, and I doubt that they risk their guy with anything near Rigo at any point soon). Have the documents ready to travel, and win the fights

Comment

It's difficult without knowing the background regarding his association with Caribbe Promotions, but Rigo's career has been mismanaged, and part of it is due to his own decisions.

Unlike most fans, I love watching him fight. He's an elite talent with supreme skills who rarely resorts to illegal tactics (clinches, head butts, elbows, low blows, etc).

A Loma-Rigo fight would've been special but there was just enough size difference to make it harder to close the deal.

Comment

Both had great amateur careers and are now both multi pro champs..Both are very very talented

Comment

Working...
                      X