Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most physically strong boxer of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    Marciano was a bull
    Interestingly enough: marciano was purported to be amazingly strong physically... Apparently Goldman noticed it when he decided to train him.

Most supposed strong guys are assumed to be the bigger guys, but thats an error. For example, while a guy like Canera was very well built, Valuev is weak for his size and has gigaintism. How about a guy like Hank Amstrong who fought up weight classes and was built like a greek statue?

Comment

A lot of good names suggested already. I think I'd go with Big George too if I had to guess. Wasn't ripped like some of the guys we see today but he had that natural country boy strength while being huge. His punches didn't even have to land all that cleanly to down/hurt guys and he rarely ever took a step back in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        he literally made him bounce off of the canvas
        Gotta give Frazier credit. He got off the deck like 5 times
        Last edited by All in; 03-30-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Jack Johnson could spin a 500lb bail of cotton so hard and fast,it would stand on end like a top.

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
            Foreman was a beast. The whipping he put on Frazier was impressive.
            Frazier was 5'9" 204lbs skinnyfat

The average high school jock is bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              Frazier was 5'9" 204lbs skinnyfat

The average high school jock is bigger
              Frazier would have no problem with that old man in your avi.

Comment

Big George Foreman

Comment

Foreman all day

Comment

Foreman in terms of physical strength. Not sure why people are saying Lewis? Remember when Rahman manhandled Lewis in the interview they had together?

I also think Ali was deceptively strong

Comment

Foreman in 90's was obviously stronger and thicker from utilising weights and strong man training at 260 he was probably the hardest to move and relied more on physical strength bc of his limitations ..

Wlad Klitchko is certainly proven difficult to deal with in clinches

Mike Tyson over powered many bigger guys ,Frank Bruno trained with olympic wrestling SHW's just to prepare to out muscle Tyson and it didnt work despite his weight advantage .

Tommy Morrison , Lennox Lewis ,Tua and Joshua are all up there really alot if you break it down . Thers a vid of Joshua lifting a mini van slightly off the ground ,Tyson was said to bench about 300 as a teen etc ......

Primo Carnera was a circus strong man ,he should be listed as well even though i dont rate him at all with relevant skills .

Comment

Working...
                      X