Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The performance against Jacobs, may have helped Golovkin.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Maidana was uniquely awkward and no one was going to replicate that. Floyd adapted to it and had little trouble with him after the first few rounds.
    I'm not sure what your argument is, that vulnerabilities aren't played upon? This is boxing, it's all about looking for weaknesses.
    My point is you can look vulnerable in one fight, then be good the following ones against even better opposition.

Styles makes fights.

Maybe GGG was "tailor made" for DJ, or maybe GGG is a B fighter, or an elite fighter showing his age.

We'll see the following fights (except if they wade again).

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I'd disagree. Lemieux is flat footed and powerful but Golovkin had an easy time of him. Jacobs was circling and not laying on heavy shots, and could have easily been declared the victor. Murray nearly went the distance using movement.
      Of course, we can only speculate but I don't believe it will be flat footed power that beats Golovkin, it will be movement.
      I think that's right and those of us who thought Ward makes easy work of this, are seeing the vindication. I still think he kills Canelo. Just a bad style for Canelo.

Comment

Working...
      X