No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Roman/Rungvisai...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Just watched this again & Roman lost by two rounds. Round 8,9 & 10 when Srisaket Rungvisai uses his legs it's embarrassing to watch if you're a chocolatito fan.
      Last edited by REMOVE SHARK 55; 03-28-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
        Just watched this again & Roman lost by two rounds. Round 8,9 & 10 when Srisaket Rungvisai uses his legs it's embarrassing to watch if you're a chocolatito fan.
        'Sweet-Pea' Rungvisai! now I heard it all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          'Sweet-Pea' Rungvisai! now I heard it all.

Bruh I had to do a double take to check the names at the bottom, thought Roman was in there with Pernell Whitaker for real at times...

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Bruh I had to do a double take to check the names at the bottom, thought Roman was in there with Pernell Whitaker for real at times...
            Nah man more like Willie Pep...

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              Again, he out throw and out landed the thai. What more do you want? He was also slipping punches like crazy as well. And you know this.
              Clearly he didn't throw enough or effectively if he got headbutted. Which implies he stopped throwing long enough to allow Minny Pacquiao to get in the trench.

Facts:

In his last 14 fights before Cuadras, he averaged 90.3 total punches thrown and 34.9 landed.

Against Cuadras he averaged ~27 punches per round. Why so low? Because Cuadras is a jab master.

Against Minny Pacquiao? ~37 punches per round. Why so low? Because he wasn't hurting the guy.

The judges gave that fight to Minny Pacquiao because Minny Pacquiao was LITERALLY walking through everything Choco threw. The early knockdown certainly didn't hurt the case either, but that was nullified by the point deduction (which was BS).

Why do you think Paulie Malignaggi can barely eek out wins against C level fighters? His punches do literally nothing to his opponent. That's what was on display this fight.

When I say Choco was tentative, he should have been blasting Minny Pacquiao with everything he had, full force, like he did against fighters before he met Cuadras. Instead, he fought hard up to a point and then tapered off - and allowed himself to get headbutted because he wasn't keeping Minny off him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Clearly he didn't throw enough or effectively if he got headbutted. Which implies he stopped throwing long enough to allow Minny Pacquiao to get in the trench.

Facts:

In his last 14 fights before Cuadras, he averaged 90.3 total punches thrown and 34.9 landed.

Against Cuadras he averaged ~27 punches per round. Why so low? Because Cuadras is a jab master.

Against Minny Pacquiao? ~37 punches per round. Why so low? Because he wasn't hurting the guy.

The judges gave that fight to Minny Pacquiao because Minny Pacquiao was LITERALLY walking through everything Choco threw. The early knockdown certainly didn't hurt the case either, but that was nullified by the point deduction (which was BS).

Why do you think Paulie Malignaggi can barely eek out wins against C level fighters? His punches do literally nothing to his opponent. That's what was on display this fight.

When I say Choco was tentative, he should have been blasting Minny Pacquiao with everything he had, full force, like he did against fighters before he met Cuadras. Instead, he fought hard up to a point and then tapered off - and allowed himself to get headbutted because he wasn't keeping Minny off him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Facts:

Him throwing less punches has nothing to do with him going up in weight at all and fighting bigger fighters. The point deduction was BS? I am done trying to explain myself to you. smh. He allowed himself to be headbutted?? WTF does that even mean? The thai swings his head around more than a ram gtfoh. It isn't like Roman didn't break a compubox record or anything that fight

Comment

Just read the compubox numbers and HOLY CHIET, rungvisai landed 7 jabs all fight out of 284 punches landed.

tried 176 jabs, landed 7 of them. insane.

great fight though regardless of the result, Choco definitely won though because of sheer volume punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                      Him throwing less punches has nothing to do with him going up in weight at all and fighting bigger fighters. The point deduction was BS? I am done trying to explain myself to you. smh. He allowed himself to be headbutted?? WTF does that even mean? The thai swings his head around more than a ram gtfoh. It isn't like Roman didn't break a compubox record or anything that fight
                      You're making excuses for lil Choco. Being certain he won means you don't need to make excuses.

Let's not forget, TBE got headbutted ONCE by Castillo and not after that. Why? Because Floyd kept him at a distance where the headbutt wasn't going to happen again. Same with Maidana. Ortiz got KO'd for his troubles.

See, a quality fighter knows how to deal with the risk of headbutts. A basic fighter just lets it happen and then makes excuses and complaints after the fact. Despite it being 100% common knowledge a southpaw and orthodox facing each other always ends up with at least one headbutt. Minny didn't do it intentionally - they both kept ramming each other.

Problem is, Choco wasn't smart enough to BACK THE F OFF AND BOX FROM THE OUTSIDE.

Comment

Working...
                      X